Renting flat with "public broadcasting radio and television fee included"

9 posts in this topic

After staying 3 months, we just moved to Munich.

New apartment furnished and listing said radio TV fee is included.

I received the letters but by the time I figure out registration and payment process, we already left.

Now, I have 3 months debt and supposedly this fee is covered by landlord.

How can I go about paying due payments and register for new apartment? 

4 hours ago, Daytraeumer said:

After staying 3 months, we just moved to Munich.

I received the letters but by the time I figure out registration and payment process, we already left.

Now, I have 3 months debt and supposedly this fee is covered by landlord.

How can I go about paying due payments and register for new apartment? 

Are the bank details where to pay not in the letter? And just go to KVR to register. 

4 hours ago, Daytraeumer said:

If this is written in your rental contract, then contactyour landlord about the debt; if not, then you will have to pay it yourself.

If you are unsure, post the part of your contract that you consider to be relevant and we can take a look at it for you.

GEZ can only be included if somebody is registered as living in the same household who is already paying.  If that was the case, you would need to get the account number and name of the person who is paying for GEZ for this apartment in which case, you can tell GEZ that you don't have to pay because such and such person is already paying.  You would have to ask your landlord for this info.

3 hours ago, robinson100 said:

If you are unsure, post the part of your contract that you consider to be relevant and we can take a look at it for you.

This is the contract clause related to radio tax (english and german):

4114.JPG.4a4d0d3eeed2b7d744d5e9dc66a34784.1.14.JPG.3d32aa361e216f5f0c384b49baefa

45 minutes ago, LeonG said:

GEZ can only be included if somebody is registered as living in the same household who is already paying.  If that was the case, you would need to get the account number and name of the person who is paying for GEZ for this apartment in which case, you can tell GEZ that you don't have to pay because such and such person is already paying.  You would have to ask your landlord for this info.

This is one of part I was getting confused about and I can surely ask "account number and name of the person who is paying for GEZ" (thank you for this info). 

Now that I know how I can declare for new apartment in Munich, the querries I am left with:

a.) how to pay due GEZ in previous city: I still have the forms (both for myself and my wife). January to March and second set of letters saying pay in 2 weeks. Should I use these forms (considering my meager German, this would be challenging) and transfer amount for 3 months (January to March) using banking details they give?

b.) where to declare fee is paid in Munich: should I wait for new forms or is there a place or else a way for me to transfer this information to authorities that amount is paid by landlady.

You need to call your former landlord and ask for the subscriber number (Rundfunknummer) under which they paid the dues for that flat. You then give that number to the Rundfunkagentur.

13 minutes ago, Daytraeumer said:

This is the contract clause related to radio tax (english and german):

4114.JPG.4a4d0d3eeed2b7d744d5e9dc66a34784.1.14.JPG.3d32aa361e216f5f0c384b49baefa

This is one of part I was getting confused about and I can surely ask "account number and name of the person who is paying for GEZ" (thank you for this info). 

Now that I know how I can declare for new apartment in Munich, the querries I am left with:

a.) how to pay due GEZ in previous city: I still have the forms (both for myself and my wife). January to March and second set of letters saying pay in 2 weeks. Should I use these forms (considering my meager German, this would be challenging) and transfer amount for 3 months (January to March) using banking details they give?

b.) where to declare fee is paid in Munich: should I wait for new forms or is there a place or else a way for me to transfer this information to authorities that amount is paid by landlady.

Are the forms addressed to your old address where you lived for 3 months or to your new address where you live now?  If they are to the old address, there is a checkbox on the form to say that somebody else in the household is already paying.  You should not pay for the 3 months that you lived in this apartment because according to the landlord, someone else already is but you need the name and account number (beitragsnummer) to report that to GEZ

There is a link here:  https://www.rundfunkbeitrag.de/  for Wohnung anmelden to register at your new apartment.  Do not fill it out for you both, just one.  If you register for it and your wife later gets a bill, then you tick the box that someone else (you) is already paying and give your subscriber number.

Supposing you may already have a subscriber number because you got letters, I suppose you could use that and go for Daten ändern instead of Wohnung anmelden but again, only do this for one of you.

46 minutes ago, LeonG said:

Are the forms addressed to your old address where you lived for 3 months or to your new address where you live now?  If they are to the old address, there is a checkbox on the form to say that somebody else in the household is already paying.  You should not pay for the 3 months that you lived in this apartment because according to the landlord, someone else already is but you need the name and account number (beitragsnummer) to report that to GEZ

Forms are addressed to our old apartment in Stuttgart we we lived 3 months before we move to munich couple days earlier. I brought these forms along with me. In this address, landlord was not supposed to pay and I need to cover these due payments. 

GEZ cost covered only for new apartment here in Munich. 

Am I correct in my undertanding that: 

• For new address in Munich: I go to the webpage https://www.rundfunkbeitrag.de/ register our new address, and once the forms arrive to new address, I check the box include the account number of landlady and send these forms back.
  • Old address that I have due payments: I filling out the forms I have as per the conditions in time we lived in Stuttgart and wire the cost of due tax for past 3 months. It could be very useful actually if there is way online checking what exactly the due payment in case some interest they put on them.

2 hours ago, Daytraeumer said:

Forms are addressed to our old apartment in Stuttgart we we lived 3 months before we move to munich couple days earlier. I brought these forms along with me. In this address, landlord was not supposed to pay and I need to cover these due payments. 

GEZ cost covered only for new apartment here in Munich. 

Am I correct in my undertanding that: 

• For new address in Munich: I go to the webpage https://www.rundfunkbeitrag.de/ register our new address, and once the forms arrive to new address, I check the box include the account number of landlady and send these forms back.
  • Old address that I have due payments: I filling out the forms I have as per the conditions in time we lived in Stuttgart and wire the cost of due tax for past 3 months. It could be very useful actually if there is way online checking what exactly the due payment in case some interest they put on them.

Ok, in that case, fill it out for your old address in Stuttgart and pay.  For your wife, fill out that someone else is already paying (you).

Then go to  https://www.rundfunkbeitrag.de/buergerinnen_und_buerger/formulare/index_ger.html  and click on "Wohnung abmelden".  In there, give info on your new address and who is paying the TV there (which you will get from the landlord).  Do the same for your wife.