work contracts

38 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2019, 6:49:47, HEM said:

It would seem that any Brits in offentlicher Dienst will immediately lose their jobs when GB leaves the EU as being a citizen of a EU state is a requieremnt.

There was an article in our local paper this morning about the Burgermeister of a small town who will be ousted when GB is no longer EU (hes British - claims Scottish!).

https://www.shz.de/regionales/schleswig-holstein/brunsmark-wenn-der-brexit-kommt-muss-buergermeister-macnab-gehen-id23530592.html

This is a rather sweeping generalization of an inflammatory nature which is difficult to follow the reasoning behind as the content you have posted is behind a firewall.

Perhaps you could explain to the "Brit" scientists working in universities and government research centers why they in your opinion will be all about to loose their jobs whilst their US, Indian, Chinese, Iranian etc colleagues will be keeping theirs? 

Yesterday it happened. My husband was sacked because the position,  that he moved across Germany for, no longer is available.  They are very sorry etc. The position was available at the beginning of the year but rather than move him straight away he had to carry on until April in old post and now the new one has gone . He could return to his old post for a month but they have filled that position.  My husband can not leave me for a  month because of the illness that is affecting my mobility and sight.  We need to move to one level living and can not proceed with the next property  because he is now unemployed  at his age he will not find work easily despite his qualifications . Something really stinks here

Come on, this is Germany. The rule of law and all that. They cannot just sack you like that from one day to the next. You do have Rechtsanswaltsversicherung, don't you? Anwalt für Arbeitsrecht is your friend.

Mr. Pig, I really admired your use of the succinctly monosyllabic "knob" the other day. But this looks like you are kicking them in the teeth when they are down. :angry:

Or maybe I just don't get the humour. Guess it is a cartoon after all. But I doubt they feel like laughing much right now.

Actually that wabbit looks a bit like me...

By the sound of it, he was only "promised" a new job, without a contract that's not worth very much.

19 hours ago, Kommentarlos said:

This is a rather sweeping generalization of an inflammatory nature which is difficult to follow the reasoning behind as the content you have posted is behind a firewall.

Perhaps you could explain to the "Brit" scientists working in universities and government research centers why they in your opinion will be all about to loose their jobs whilst their US, Indian, Chinese, Iranian etc colleagues will be keeping theirs? 

Its about people who have been voted into their job. Not everyone in public sector. They'll apparently lose their active and passive voting rights.

Try googling 'Bürgermeister Macnab'

The Focus magazine has the same article. (Sorry, can't post link on this computer for some reason)

Could someone please post the link for online registration at arbeitamt. My husband had a full contract at the place in mid Germany. Because of the nature of his job he could not continue after Brexit.  When Brexit didn't they thought he would go back and gave his new job to someone else. They did not realise that I have a life changing illness and can not be left for weeks at s time. He has now been sacked as there us no position for him.

I'm so sorry to hear this bad news Miss Annieb. I'm also sorry that I can't help you. Someone will come along with the link you need.

One day at a time, my friend.

My understanding is that you need to go in person within 3-5 ?? days to register?

A quick search on Google  with key words mentioned this.

4 hours ago, annieb8822 said:

Could someone please post the link for online registration at arbeitamt. My husband had a full contract at the place in mid Germany. Because of the nature of his job he could not continue after Brexit.  When Brexit didn't they thought he would go back and gave his new job to someone else. They did not realise that I have a life changing illness and can not be left for weeks at s time. He has now been sacked as there us no position for him.

Currently you are not going to or can afford to move back so I would suggest that your husband goes in person to the local arbeitsamt and takes his contract and absolutely everything he has in writing in order to tell his story and ask for help.  If you have rechtschutz, you should talk to a lawyer too.  If not, wait and see what arbeitsamt says.

Does his employer have a betriebsrat?  Could he contact someone there and ask for help?  I know a woman who was sacked, lack of work I think although probably somebody didn't like her because she seemed to be the only person sacked.  Her betriebsrat and union got together and made sure she's paid for a whole year.

He should also visit Ausländerbehörde and figure out with them that he can get something in writing for them stating he doesn't need a visa to work right now and look into applying for some visa for later when Brexit actually happens.  This will help him apply for new jobs and strengthen his position in a case against his employer.

He is at arbeitamt tomorrow.  Great news though, he has already been asked to put in his CV for a new job. The new property that we bought is almost finished with the renovations, so we can get up for sale and hopefully find a bungalow to buy.. someone from the company came yesterday with a letter to give to the arbeitamt and apologised again.. 

If the property is almost ready after renovations, why not open it up as a village pub?  A long shot.. I know... 

And as for a German or German company appologising.... This is very hard to imagine!...

Opening a pub is more than just saying it.  Especially if it was closed for a while, you need the licensing requirements like a new pub opening, no discounts.  You need to show you have enough parking, bicycle stand and name it.  Health authorities blah blah.  A former boss of mine bought an old pub and wanted to reopen it.  He got fucked around by the amt for 2 years.  They actually offered him to buy the cul-de-sac behind the pub from the town because he could put his car park there.  He ended up filing for bankruptcy.

And because they are foreigners and nobody likes them already, nobody might come.

A friend bought a restaurant in a village in a foreclosure and it was formerly ran by people that nobody liked.  If ppl don't like you, the villagers will not come there.

18 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

You always seem to know someone who is in or has been in the same situation...    :ph34r:

I do :)

Opening the pub is not an option after I became I'll. My husband's old boss also his so called friend apologised.  The big boss does not give a FF. The property is up for sale because we now need one level living. The benefits have not started so now we have reduced our food to one very small meal a day. To make it worse a family member died this week and we can not afford to attend the funeral today. My husband applies for jobs daily but it is rare to have a reply. Today he goes to the arbeitamt to find out why we have no money. We lost a months money while his company were messing him around.  This is the second month and it's not funny

On 01/05/2019, 09:13:44, LeonG said:

Opening a pub is more than just saying it.  Especially if it was closed for a while, you need the licensing requirements like a new pub opening, no discounts.  You need to show you have enough parking, bicycle stand and name it.  Health authorities blah blah.  A former boss of mine bought an old pub and wanted to reopen it.  He got fucked around by the amt for 2 years.  They actually offered him to buy the cul-de-sac behind the pub from the town because he could put his car park there.  He ended up filing for bankruptcy.

And because they are foreigners and nobody likes them already, nobody might come.

A friend bought a restaurant in a village in a foreclosure and it was formerly ran by people that nobody liked.  If ppl don't like you, the villagers will not come there.

In our case the old owner ran it into the ground,  people stopped coming, the rats moved in, however the old villagers want their pub but not run by English. One day I collapsed outside and the old man next door stood and looked and did nothing until my husband found me. The old villagers really hate us

13 hours ago, annieb8822 said:

Opening the pub is not an option after I became I'll. My husband's old boss also his so called friend apologised.  The big boss does not give a FF. The property is up for sale because we now need one level living. The benefits have not started so now we have reduced our food to one very small meal a day. To make it worse a family member died this week and we can not afford to attend the funeral today. My husband applies for jobs daily but it is rare to have a reply. Today he goes to the arbeitamt to find out why we have no money. We lost a months money while his company were messing him around.  This is the second month and it's not funny

I've heard that if you are truly penniless, the code word to say to Arbeitsamt to get help faster is to say that you are mittellos. This tells them you are out of money and food and should get you help.

The result is that even though my husband had a contract for 40 hours a week and has worked for the company for many years, this is all meaningless.

It was stated that my husband could not keep his post in the event of Brexit because of the nature of his work but a transfer was arranged. This part was in writing. This was arranged at the end of last year

The part not in writing was his start date. He was told to stay in his old post until 31 march. I had to move to the new house alone in February.

what the company are now saying that when they offered the position last year, it was available. Because my husband didn´t move until 1 april there was no job in the new place but he could have returned to his old position until Brexit.

The girl at the arbeitamt on the second visit was very rude to my husband who is of an age. in fact he has worked without a break in uk and germany for 44 years. You would think that he is a lout from the way she talked.

He applies for jobs daily and has finally secured an interview. He is going for every type of job going from those he is qualified to do to storeman.

We are eating from the freezer and the tinned food we have but we are now 6 weeks with no money coming in.

I guess this is a word of warning. Get everything in writing but don´t expect it to count