Julian Assange arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London

60 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

Sweden may get him first.   They Swedes were taken by surprise as were not given any warning of his arrest.  The Swedish prosecutor has reacted extremely quickly and is reviewing whether to reactivate the case against him and request extradition, after complainent's lawyer put in request yesterday.

I thought they had dropped the cases because they ran out of time for questioning?

10 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

Sweden may get him first.   They Swedes were taken by surprise as were not given any warning of his arrest.  The Swedish prosecutor has reacted extremely quickly and is reviewing whether to reactivate the case against him and request extradition, after complainent's lawyer put in request yesterday.

Apparently he was already found guilty of jumping bail.

Assange, who has an outstanding warrant for jumping bail in 2012 to avoid extradition to Sweden, was taken into custody after officers were invited inside by embassy officials.

Hauled off to court, he was quickly found guilty on the relatively minor bail charge and faces 12 months in prison for that. In court, a judge said he had displayed “the behaviour of a narcissist who cannot get beyond his own selfish interest.”

Ecuador had numerous reasons to revoke his asylum.

Assange wasted little time testing Moreno’s limits. He stirred a diplomatic hornet’s nest in 2017 when he threw his celebrity weight behind the Catalan independence movement in Spain, forcing Ecuador’s foreign minister to clarify in a statement that Assange’s views “do not represent the position of the Ecuadorian State.” Moreno once again suspended Assange’s Internet, this time enforcing the ban with cellphone jamming equipment.

Assange was allowed back online in late 2018, but only after agreeing not to “carry out activities that could be considered political interference in the internal affairs of other states.” At the same time, Ecuador imposed a new and detailed set of rules on its fugitive guest, banning unannounced visitors, and requiring Assange to pay his own medical bills, clean up after himself in the bathroom and tend to the “well-being, food, cleanliness, and proper care” of his cat.

Assange bristled at the restrictions and took Ecuador’s foreign ministry to court. When he lost, he filed a complaint with the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, which rejected it.

The INA Papers leak appears to have earned little notice outside of Ecuador, until a fateful tweet from WikiLeaks on Thursday, March 28 that referenced the resultant corruption investigation by lawmakers in Ecuador’s national assembly. The tweet, since retweeted over 3,700 times, linked directly to the anonymous website hosting the hacked material in bulk.

Like some of WikiLeaks’ own signature releases, including the John Podesta and Democratic National Committee hacks, INA Papers is loaded with material unrelated to corruption, including personal photos of Moreno and his family—“photos of my bedroom, what I eat, and how my wife and daughters and friends dance,” Moreno complained in a radio interview Tuesday.

WikiLeaks has said it has no connection to the site or the hacking. Moreno, though, clearly suspects otherwise. “Mr. Assange has violated the agreement we reached with him and his legal counsel too many times,” Moreno said, according to a Reuters’ translation from the same interview. “It is not that he cannot speak and express himself freely, but he cannot lie, nor much less hack private accounts or phones.”

Here

12 minutes ago, dj_jay_smith said:

I thought they had dropped the cases because they ran out of time for questioning?

Nope.  The rape charge time limit is August 2020.   The other cases against him,  (for which he jumped (UK) bail to avoid being extradited to Sweden) have timed out.  But the rape charge is/was the most serious of them.

It's quite the coincidence that the guy who belongs in an insane asylum is shitposting about a guy who's been stripped of asylum - OR IS IT?

Study it out, sheeple!

An entitled brat.

Painting a picture of Assange as ill-mannered and Ecuador’s hospitality taken for granted during a speech on Thursday, the president said according to Bloomberg: "You can’t arrive at a house that welcomes you warmly, that gives you food, and takes care of you, and start to denounce the owner of the house. We’ve removed the asylum for this spoiled brat and, fortunately, we’ve gotten rid of a thorn in our side.

"From now on we’ll be more careful in giving asylum to people who are really worth it, and not miserable hackers whose only goal is to destabilize governments," Moreno said, according to the Associated Press. The news agency described him as “visibly flustered." 

"We are tolerant, calm people but we're not stupid,” The Syndey Morning Herald reported him saying.

In a video statement shared on Twitter following Assange’s arrest, Moreno said: "Today, I announced that the discourteous and aggressive behavior of Mr. Julian Assange, the hostile and threatening declarations of its allied organization, against Ecuador, and especially the transgression of international treaties, have led the situation to a point where the asylum of Mr. Assange is unsustainable and no longer viable. 

"For six years and 10 months, the Ecuadorian people have protected the human rights of Mr. Assange and have provided for his everyday needs at the facilities of our Embassy in London.

Referring to the administration of his predecessor President Rafael Correa who was in power when Assange sought asylum, he continued: “When I became President of Ecuador, I inherited this situation and decided to adopt a protocol to set the daily life rules at the Embassy, which is the [least] anyone may expect from a guest hosted at his own house. Ecuador has fulfilled its obligations in the framework of international law.”

Moreno went on to accuse Assange of mistreading guards, installing electronic and distortion equipment not allowed at the embassy, blocking security cameras of the Ecuadorian Mission in London, and accessing security files of the Embassy without permission.

I heard on the news last night that Assange had become very paranoid and was spreading feces on the walls. Not sure if that has been mentioned here yet. 

Definitely not a good house guest.

@fraufruit He probably had been in a fairly steady decline since it was inadvertently leaked months ago that there was an outstanding indictment against him in the US. Up until then, he had only used feigned paranoia as a pretext for dodging justice for being a rapist in Sweden. At that point, he realized fully that he was well and truly fucked. What I cannot understand is the abject narcissism required for him to make himself so unpalatable as an asylum-seeker that Ecuador was able, in completely good conscience, to kick him out. You would think there would be a little gratitude in his attitude.

I knew that they would come.   When normies would use 4chan posts as "proof" of something.

1 minute ago, Krieg said:

I knew that they would come.   When normies would use 4chan posts as "proof" of something.

They have been doing that for ages, didnt year hear about the ok sign being a far right symbol?

9 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

They have been doing that for ages, didnt year hear about the ok sign being a far right symbol?

That was more like a 4chan joke that spread everywhere.   But it is the first time I see actual 4chan screenshots in a "high profile" twitter which is not a joke.

Or maybe my Twitter stream doesn't have enough tinfoilers.

Or maybe 4chan is now serious business.  Not sure, I've not been there in like a decade.

3 minutes ago, Krieg said:

That was more like a 4chan joke that spread everywhere. 

You realise that most of the world doesnt know its a joke? 

The latest 4chan joke being picked up as real news is "honkler"

7 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

You realise that most of the world doesnt know its a joke?

There are too many J2s in this world.

7 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

The latest 4chan joke being picked up as real news is "honkler"

Now I understand why Pepe was showing up in memes again.

P.S., I had to Google "honkler".  I wish I didn't.  So now, it seems that Pepe with a rainbow wig, so Clown Pepe, is somehow the next OK sign.  And that a weird left media ran by hippie leftists are informing us that Right Nationalists have adopted Clown Pepe as their symbol.  Damn.   

12 minutes ago, Auntie Helen said:

Erm, what is the point of that image?

He has nothing intelligent to say so he just shitposts all day.

In the meantime, who wants to tell me where Julian Assange is?

44 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

He has nothing intelligent to say so he just shitposts all day.

In the meantime, who wants to tell me where Julian Assange is?

Probably RAF Mildenhall or Lakenheath, enjoying fresh air, a decent doctor and dentist building up his strength for the journey to the US. 

58 minutes ago, Auntie Helen said:

Erm, what is the point of that image?

Ukraine connection to the fake Russiagate story. We believe it is connected to John Kerry but I could be wrong. Certainly from the Obama era. 

Here's Devin Nunes on Hannity. i do not watch Fox as I think Murdoch is a piece of shit and a Rothschild stooge but he is worth a watch.