Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

planning permission Garden Centre and workshop

17 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experience or advice on how to go about getting permission to rebuild, repair renovate the similar business, buildings and services (Bavaria)?

We have taken over a small site that was an old flower nursery with old Glasshouses. Not used for over 20 years.  We want to rebuild the Glasshouses, workhouse and land.  Our aim is to develop an organic centre, with indoor and outdoor grown fruit and veg for our CSA community and local delivery.  Also if possible to build a Yurt Kitchen for summer workshops. cooking and preserving events or onsite Market stall.

The property suffered the last 20 years of neglect and requires major hard work. Not a big deal with able-bodies ecopreneur.

Ground needs cleaning, new fencing, glasshouse repair or rebuild and all the utilities need connecting. The problem is that the foundations and structures are not repairable and may need a complete rebuild.  

At the moment (April 2019) the site is unsecured, dangerous with broken glass and a eyesore.

We are wondering how to go about rebuilding and business operations permits.

Rebuilding, your local Bauamt.

Have to ask though, don't you think you should have researched this before you took it over?

In the process of writing your "Success" book, have you not researched all this?

As Le cheese says- did you not discuss your plans when you bought the property- like with the lawyer/ makler/ etc???

11 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Where are you based? Can we see pics?

Why? Want to compare them to your unfinished boat? Or your unfinished garden? Or any of your other unfinished projects?

2 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Why? Want to compare them to your unfinished boat? Or your unfinished garden? Or any of your other unfinished projects?

Actually I have a lot in common with classical composers such as Schubert. 

19 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Actually I have a lot in common with classical composers such as Schubert. 

Also, Mozart's UF Requiem and  Puccini's Turandot  ( I remember  the story of Puccini- because he was a patient who received Radiotherapy in it's early treatments for throat cancer!

So,  unfinished can be good!

Sorry Mull, the post has wandered off into uncharted waters here. Good luck anyway!

On 10/04/2019, 17:24:15, jeremytwo said:

Where are you based? Can we see pics?

I tried uploading pics but there seems to be a upload limit on a Newbie

On 10/04/2019, 16:11:57, LeCheese said:

Rebuilding, your local Bauamt.

Have to ask though, don't you think you should have researched this before you took it over?

Sometimes researching can take more time than getting opportunity foothold.  A wise man said to me once, never look a gift house (opps horse) in the mouth.   
My concept is simple, and I hope not to give the game away too soon otherwise everybody will copy me.

On 10/04/2019, 17:31:35, RedMidge said:

In the process of writing your "Success" book, have you not researched all this?

As Le cheese says- did you not discuss your plans when you bought the property- like with the lawyer/ makler/ etc???

As per my answer above.  NO prior research on the obvious regarding planning permission. I did go by instinct and judgement.  I've a lot of experience being a adventurer and pioneer. Unfortunately this time in Germany and learning fast.  

On 10/04/2019, 17:49:32, catjones said:

What does that mean?

"Take over" can mean a lot of things in business. In my case written contract and or Lease.

On 10/04/2019, 18:44:51, dstanners said:

Thanks, Yes and No, as first point of contact.

What I did first was approach a lot of local knowledgeable Architekten, to pick their local knowledge and options towards planning permission process options.  Unfortunately, 80% were not interested in small projects, a couple were interested but unhelpful and one was so far great with good feedback.  Because I want to develop a Horticultural biz, it may persuade a local Farmers Union, where I can get Preference Planning.  Our site is on the border of two districts so I am battling for one advantage.  Organic Biz to aid Wine region or Social Agri tourism  biz to aid a Municipality. 
If I can have an off the record conversation with Bauaufsicht then yes.  This was possible when I built renovated  houses in UK, but frowned upon.  Here in Bavaria, I not sure of reactions.  
I tied all this in Berlin, before moving south. In Berlin, I could not sneeze without upsetting Heritage ppl.  Unfortunate for me in Berlin to pick a spot close to industrial waste ground, trying to turn it Green.  Hence the Move and start over again. 

Normally, if it had been used for X it still can be used as X. rebuilding is never a problem, only if new land used and for living space ,enrgy reg, fire etc, issues arise as soon as others ,paying customers come onto siet, HandSaftey, liability,etc. no cows with bells would be a good move, re neighbours

my pounds worth robert