Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Motor Bikes...

8 posts in this topic

After 10 years of humming and harring I have just bought a Yamaha Fazer 600. Can anybody give me any advice on the best way to insure the beast, either as an extension of my car innsurance or a separate stand alone policy.

Which is best?

Hi

My other half has always had a bike and currently an R1, bought brand new, to insure fully comp would be €2000 + :doh: which was a quote with the company we have the car insured through. It had to be insured independantly (not allowed to go with car insurance) and for 3rd party which is €450.

Thanks for the reply Tue, just had a similar quote from Axa, 2400 fully comp and 210 third party etc.

I've got a fazer 600 insured 3rd party and theft with DA Direkt, its a separate policy costs about €250 annually. They were pretty good when I first got here and counted my NCD from the UK.

ive been thinking of getting back on two wheels for a while now.

anybody know if my no claims for cars counts for bikes too or do i have to go through all that shit of getting proof of previous insurance again?

Hi,

Unfortunately yamyam they won't count car insurance towards a bike. If you have previous insurance for a bike then the more you can prove the better. The problem with counting uk insurance here is that the uk maximum no claims bonus only shows as you being entitled to 5 years NCB. However if you can show that you have 10 years claims free then all the better. B)