Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Quereinstieg als Erzieherin

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I would like to work as a official Erzieherin and have a part time job in a Bilingual Kita. The program to work and go to school is 4 years, 4 YEARS!!!! 

I have seen Berlin offers a Quereinstieg als Erzieherin for native speaker.  I have looked over the website but am a bit confused at what this all means!
I have an AA degree in Music and a Cosmetology license. I have experience working in Kindergartens.
Can someone look this website over and clarify to me exactly what it means? or just clarify a bit?

I would be so grateful....
I will also make an appointment and go there and ask.

Thank you

<3

Hi,

I would like to work as a official Erzieherin and have a part time job in a Bilingual Kita. The program to work and go to school is 4 years, 4 YEARS!!!! 

I have seen Berlin offers a Quereinstieg als Erzieherin for native speaker.  I have looked over the website but am a bit confused at what this all means!
I have an AA degree in Music and a Cosmetology license. I have experience working in Kindergartens.
Can someone look this website over and clarify to me exactly what it means? or just clarify a bit?

I would be so grateful...

Thank you

https://www.berlin.de/sen/jugend/fachkraefte/quereinstieg-erzieherberuf/#nativespeaker

Well, you are a Quereinsteiger for sure :). You need B2 German. You also need to think of how to make a living during the 4 YEAR program.

I have B2 german.

I am trying to bypass the 4 year Ausbildung and go the alternative route for Quereinsteiger...

23 minutes ago, brookeb said:

I am trying to bypass the 4 year Ausbildung and go the alternative route for Quereinsteiger...

2 hours ago, brookeb said:

I have an AA degree in Music and a Cosmetology license.

From the info you've posted, it seems that you lack the necessary formal qualifications to bypass further formal training if you want to be a fully qualified Erzieherin. If you only want to be a native speaker in bilingual kitas, you also need further training, however, only SenBild can set the Fortbildungsauflagen.

Make an appointment and then update your thread.

What confuses you exactly? The website lists possible ways to be recognized as a Quereinsteiger depending on your qualifications, background and goal, e.g. somebody with a similar recognized BA in Early Childhood Education and B2 German can work (almost) immediately as an Erzieher/in. Somebody with a related recognized degree, e.g. BA in Psychology and 6 months experience and C1 German will be recognized as well. An AA degree is pretty much worthless in Europe since there is nothing similar.

11 hours ago, brookeb said:

Hi,

I would like to work as a official Erzieherin and have a part time job in a Bilingual Kita. The program to work and go to school is 4 years, 4 YEARS!!!! 

I would be so grateful...

Thank you

<3

My German friend has a degree in Agriculture & Forestry. After finishing University, my friend wanted to work at a kindergarten instead. My friend still had to do 2 years Ausbildung for 800€/month. That’s the process to become an official Erzieherin. It may differ in some cases but it can indeed take long. 

2 hours ago, thegreatdivide said:

My German friend has a degree in Agriculture & Forestry. After finishing University, my friend wanted to work at a kindergarten instead. My friend still had to do 2 years Ausbildung for 800€/month. That’s the process to become an official Erzieherin. It may differ in some cases but it can indeed take long. 

No. I meant Erzieherin is 5 years. Kinderpfleger however is only 1 year with Abitur, and 2 years without Abitur.