Easter gift

15 posts in this topic

I know that for birthday gift, I should give it to the person on the birthday or later, not earlier in Germany.

But I think people give Christmas gift before Christmas. So I suppose I can give Easter gift early in Germany. Is this correct?

I would like to give some people my beautiful origami works on Sunday 14th April. I worked so hard!

WTF is an Easter gift?

If you buy something for someone, give it to them whenever you want. If they complain that it isn't on the correct day, call them an ungrateful twonk, give them a d

ry slap and tell them to jog on*

I realise I am as much help as an ashtray on a motorbike

13 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

I know that for birthday gift, I should give it to the person on the birthday or later, not earlier in Germany.

But I think people give Christmas gift before Christmas. So I suppose I can give Easter gift early in Germany. Is this correct?

I would like to give some people my beautiful origami works on Sunday 14th April. I worked so hard!

Could you please just start a Smurf Lee questions thread and put them all in there?

I believe this is your 4th one about origami.

15 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

I have never heard of a gift that is considered too early. Except for greetings. Many people find it offensive if you greet them a happy birthday in advance. 

2 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Could you please just start a Smurf Lee questions thread and put them all in there?

I believe this is your 4th one about origami.

If we really think about it, the threads she start are like no other from the topics that people started. Technically, she is doing it right. 🧐

44 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

I am sure they will be delighted. Will you wrap them? If so, you could say they are for Easter and give the choice either to open them with you or later. Then if people are super religious they might wait, otherwise when you mention it is a home made gift I am sure they would open them straight away.

Nicely crumpled tissue paper might make a nice contrasting wrapping material for the clean lines of your origami and reiterate the delicate work you have done.

22 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

I am sure they will be delighted. Will you wrap them? If so, you could say they are for Easter and give the choice either to open them with you or later. Then if people are super religious they might wait, otherwise when you mention it is a home made gift I am sure they would open them straight away.

Nicely crumpled tissue paper might make a nice contrasting wrapping material for the clean lines of your origami and reiterate the delicate work you have done.

Thank you!

Very neat idea!!!!

1 hour ago, thegreatdivide said:

I have never heard of a gift that is considered too early. Except for greetings. Many people find it offensive if you greet them a happy birthday in advance. 

Early birthday presents are considered bad luck "now I wont live to see my birthday".

In a similar vein a lot of people dont give gifts to expectant mothers before the birth.

One year, I gave my daughter and her boyfriend their Easter presents on Easter Saturday.  Her boyfriend wouldn't open his and when I asked why, he answered, "Jesus is still dead", he wouldn't open it until Easter Sunday!

A lovely lad, but I'm glad she broke up with him eventually.

13 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

Early birthday presents are considered bad luck "now I wont live to see my birthday".

In a similar vein a lot of people dont give gifts to expectant mothers before the birth.

2 minutes ago, Tap said:

One year, I gave my daughter and her boyfriend their Easter presents on Easter Saturday.  Her boyfriend wouldn't open his and when I asked why, he answered, "Jesus is still dead", he wouldn't open it until Easter Sunday!

A lovely lad, but I'm glad she broke up with him eventually.

This is hilarious. 🤣

Easter gift? I've never heard of an Easter gift? Isn't Easter usually chocolate eggs and hot cross buns?

There are some people that are a bit touchy about these things. My Mother (lives in the UK) complained a few years ago when the birthday card for my stepfather arrived 2 days before his birthday as she thinks it should arrive on the day even though there is no way you can guarantee when it arrives with the post. The ironic thing is she sends out Xmas cards every year on the 1st December and doesn't see a problem with this.

20 minutes ago, warsteiner70 said:

2 days before his birthday

Early birthday is bad luck, associated with wishing them dead.

21 minutes ago, warsteiner70 said:

sends out Xmas cards every year on the 1st December

16 hours ago, Tap said:

"Jesus is still dead"

There isnt much point worrying about jinxing a religion festival.

34 minutes ago, warsteiner70 said:

There are some people that are a bit touchy about these things. My Mother (lives in the UK) complained a few years ago when the birthday card for my stepfather arrived 2 days before his birthday as she thinks it should arrive on the day even though there is no way you can guarantee when it arrives with the post. The ironic thing is she sends out Xmas cards every year on the 1st December and doesn't see a problem with this.

Many people are more sensitive to birthdays— or whatever they feel like being sensitive to. Or whatever suits their logic. 😄