USB cable to connect computer to cell phone

8 posts in this topic

I need to connect my computer to my cell phone with USB cable.

I checked my cell phone. There are only 2 things for connection, one for power, one for headphone.

This is silly question, but I think out of a bit of desperation to fix some problems with my computer I am asking: Is there any way to connect my computer to my cell phone with cable?

It depends on your phone.  But most modern smartphones use some kind of USB connector such as this:

https://www.amazon.de/Rampow-geflochtenes-Ladekabel-Android-Smartphones-grau/dp/B01GJC4YMC/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=usb+kabel&qid=1554368474&s=gateway&sr=8-19

This is normally used for both power and data.

But you need to tell us what type of phone you have, as you might need a type -C adaptor.

What exactly do you want to do once you have connected your phone?  Depending on your phone and the PC you might need to install software/drivers to access it.

Do you have maybe people who live with you who can actually look at your phone if it enables you to connect it to your computer? You can also type your specific phone model or the kind of phone you have in google search and type in your question on how to connect it using USB. If you have the hole for using a USB cable to charge your phone, you most likely can use the cable to connet it directly to your computer. 

42 minutes ago, dj_jay_smith said:

It depends on your phone.

Also depends on the cable. I've had cables that would only charge and not transfer data.

20 minutes ago, thegreatdivide said:

Do you have maybe people who live with you who can actually look at your phone if it enables you to connect it to your computer? You can also type your specific phone model or the kind of phone you have in google search and type in your question on how to connect it using USB. If you have the hole for using a USB cable to charge your phone, you most likely can use the cable to connet it directly to your computer. 

Yes, there is a port to charge cell phone. It is pretty new, got last year, Moto C Plus. I tend to believe the port can be used for data as well.

My computer is HP, almost for sure the computer has port for USB.

which USB on amazon would you recommend?

36 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

Yes, there is a port to charge cell phone. It is pretty new, got last year, Moto C Plus. I tend to believe the port can be used for data as well.

You can just search USB kabel for Moto C and then filter the result by Customer Reviews. You can then buy the most recommended one. 

1 hour ago, SmurfLee said:

https://www.motorola.com/we/products/moto-c-plus

It uses Micro-USB, so any micro-usb cable will work.

https://www.amazon.de/s?k=micro+usb&ref=nb_sb_noss_1