Are years spent as a secondment employee counted for niederlassungserlaubnis

5 posts in this topic

Hello wise people of Toytown,

 

I came to Germany in Oct 2016 as a secondment employee from UK on a resident permit. This basically means that my employer/payroll were british while i was working in Germany for a German client. In feb 2018 i joined the german branch of the parent company and got bluecard as well.  Even though my taxes were deducted in UK but my company was paying taxes on my behalf in Germany.

 

My question is:

Would the duration i spent as a british employee in Germany be counted  for niederlassungserlau ? I didn't  change addresses, employers or clients during this period. Any hints are much appreciated. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, WissenIstMacht said:

Hello wise people of Toytown,

 

I came to Germany in Oct 2016 as a secondment employee from UK on a resident permit. This basically means that my employer/payroll were british while i was working in Germany for a German client. In feb 2018 i joined the german branch of the parent company and got bluecard as well.  Even though my taxes were deducted in UK but my company was paying taxes on my behalf in Germany.

 

My question is:

Would the duration i spent as a british employee in Germany be counted  for niederlassungserlau ? I didn't  change addresses, employers or clients during this period. Any hints are much appreciated. 

 

This post in a thread seems to answer your question as the information relayed came from an Ausländerbehörde:

 

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/347268-do-the-years-of-education-count-into-the-permanent-residence/?do=findComment&comment=3360319

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, thegreatdivide said:

 

This post in a thread seems to answer your question as the information relayed came from an Ausländerbehörde:

 

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/347268-do-the-years-of-education-count-into-the-permanent-residence/?do=findComment&comment=3360319

Actually this thread is foscused towards students and i know for students half of the study time counts. But not sure how it works for expats. Maybe someone will share their experience :). 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WissenIstMacht said:

Actually this thread is foscused towards students and i know for students half of the study time counts. But not sure how it works for expats. Maybe someone will share their experience :). 

 

It is BUT it also mentioned what actually counts towards the requirement of getting a Niederlassungserlaubnis, based on what an Ausländerbehörde said about those who were employed. That’s why I linked you to that thread. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, WissenIstMacht said:

Any hints are much appreciated. 

 

Post your question on info4alien.de. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now