I am seaching for my friend Melanie.

46 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, franklan said:

If you would be a friend she would have confided last name, street name, name of employer and telephone number and email address to you. Friends know that stuff about each other. 

you're taking the piss, right?

Last name, yes I buy that (provided it hasn't changed due to marriage) .  the rest?  maybe, maybe not.  there are so many ways people can lose touch with each other.  these stats are a strange way to "measure" friendship IMO.

One of my best friends ever currently lives in New Jersey.  and that is ALL I know aside from his full name and skype id.  No idea what town he lives in, let alone an address or phone number.  If I asked him he'd tell me, but there is no reason to know those details as they aren't pertinent in our communication.  Yet we most definitely are friends and have been for 35 years.  We chat quite regularly, but strangely his current address rarely comes up. 

I have a lot of friends like this.  We all move around, change jobs - that stuff just isn't very important.  It is important to have some way to stay in touch, but it can happen that you lose that thread and it's hard to find a person again.  It doesn't inherently mean you're not friends, it merely means you lost touch. 

Lisa,

You are right. Maybe my "stalking " comment was  way off- apologies to OP. Just  that asking  with only first name is so vague.

2 hours ago, franklan said:

Sorry, you're not friends you are just a bowing acquaintance.

If you would be a friend she would have confided last name, street name, name of employer and telephone number and email address to you. Friends know that stuff about each other. 

If I would decide to leave this forum and someone would try to find out my address I'd be furious (Apart from those few on this forum who actually know my real name and address).

Sorry, you have to move on at this point. It's just the same thing with nice blokes who are regular patrons in your favourite pub and suddenly disappear out of sight. That's normal  in a casual environment like a bar or pub or forum.  

Your idea of using a TV station to find out here address is batshit crazy, BTW.

Thank you for your "kind" words"  and i know about GDPr

Lisa you are right and i thank you for saying that.. We where good internet friends like i am vith many others on that site people consider me to be a valuble member and her as well .  Redmidge apology accepted the reason i started the thread is that i am worried sick about her because she dissapared suddenly and has biean abscent for a very long time that iis not like her) i am worried about a friend and was someone could help me or she could see this. the reason i did not write more details it that such a thing would realy be breach of prvacy and a violiation would it not?

2 hours ago, lisa13 said:

Last name, yes I buy that (provided it hasn't changed due to marriage) .  the rest?  maybe, maybe not.  there are so many ways people can lose touch with each other.  these stats are a strange way to "measure" friendship IMO.

One of my best friends ever currently lives in New Jersey.  and that is ALL I know aside from his full name and skype id.  No idea what town he lives in, let alone an address or phone number.  If I asked him he'd tell me, but there is no reason to know those details as they aren't pertinent in our communication.  Yet we most definitely are friends and have been for 35 years.  We chat quite regularly, but strangely his current address rarely comes up. 

I have a lot of friends like this.  We all move around, change jobs - that stuff just isn't very important.  It is important to have some way to stay in touch, but it can happen that you lose that thread and it's hard to find a person again.  It doesn't inherently mean you're not friends, it merely means you lost touch. 

2 hours ago, lisa13 said:

I  apologise for quoting twice. . i an just getting use to this forum.

That might be a  good idea, i dont know will they do it. they where surprised that she is abscennt as i am but i am going to try, Thank you Sir.

Also remember that they make you pay for membership at that site and the payment options are limited (via amazon gift card was a new one for me).  She may have just decided it wasn’t worth the hassle. 

Excuse me how do i vote up for you? I am still new to the site.

4 minutes ago, Magmax said:

Excuse me how do i vote up for you? I am still new to the site.

Just click on the little green arrow ! ( well, white arrow on green square!)

Unfortunately not my friend. A year has past since she posted something or messaged anyone. no one knows where she is. Thank you for caring.

Good news my friends I have found Melanie! she lost contact vith the site because she moved for personal reasons. I wouldlike to thank all the nice people for tryng for tryng to help me giiving me advice and support amd kind wishes. I will never forget that as for the who called me crazy and stalker well they where wwrong beacause i am not i am just a  friend and i care for people if  they cant understand that is a shame for them not for me.