I am seaching for my friend Melanie.

35 posts in this topic

Hello i just joined here to try to find my friend Melanie. she lives in Celle near Hanover and she is a Brittish expat originaly from London. she was a menber of a Brittis tv forum. well respected by all kind and friendly person.  happily married  . employed as a stuardesse. then she stopped apearring on the site 10 months  ago. if anyone knows a person that matches the description please post  here. i am in bad health condition  and would like to know what happened to her , she knows this username. Magmax this might be inappriopriate but i am desperate because good friends are hard to find theese days . and she was a true and a good friend.

Just like what they say, “good friends are hard to find, harder to leave, and impossible to forget.” I hope you find her. Maybe you can try typing her full name in google? Or search for her in facebook, instagram or twitter. 

thank you for the advice. unfortunately i dont use social media. that forum is the inly way . I am an "old school Bloke. thank you for your good wishes and help.

Still no luck. i wrote today to NDR Nord Deutche Rundfunk North German Television they did not answer yet.

I'm so confused.  what does social media have to do with doing a google search?

go to google.com

type in her current name and her presumed location and hit enter.  this is ultimately the best shot you have, IMO

I agree with the google suggestions, but Melanie is a fairly common name in Germany. I hope her last name isn’t Schmidt or Mayer. 

Good luck!

Social Media nowadays play a huge role in locating people. Family and friends find each other through social. I have never heard of anyone finding old friends or family through forums, much less TT, ha! Your chance of finding someone you so desire to see through facebook or instagram is exceptionally high than finding them in forums. 

17 hours ago, Magmax said:

i wrote today to NDR Nord Deutche Rundfunk North German Television they did not answer yet.

WTF has a TV-station to do with your quest for a lady named Melanie?

Just with the first name and no other information, this quest will lead to nowhere as "Melanie" was among the TOP TEN first names in Germany from aprox. 1972 till 1990...

Melanie.png.2cc7e834f5132d2ebd8a92556d29

If she wanted to stay in touch she would have done. I don't really think we should be helping you with stalking her.

Do you know if Melanie is her real name of just her forum name?

Often, people just move on and leave forums, social groups, etc.

12 hours ago, Elljay said:

I found three Melanies in Celle using "das Örtliche".

Op- had you actipually met this Melanie, or just in an online forum?

I agree- people move on, and it does sound a little like stalking!

I wrote to the tv staion because they cover the area where she lives. if they find her they could give her my contact. And i am not stalking her and ifind such coments realy offensive. My only hope was that she could maybe respond. And i thank all the others for suggestion and help.

On ‎01‎.‎04‎.‎2019‎ ‎22‎:‎05‎:‎54, Magmax said:

Hello i just joined here to try to find my friend Melanie.

Sorry, you're not friends you are just a bowing acquaintance.

If you would be a friend she would have confided last name, street name, name of employer and telephone number and email address to you. Friends know that stuff about each other. 

If I would decide to leave this forum and someone would try to find out my address I'd be furious (Apart from those few on this forum who actually know my real name and address).

Sorry, you have to move on at this point. It's just the same thing with nice blokes who are regular patrons in your favourite pub and suddenly disappear out of sight. That's normal  in a casual environment like a bar or pub or forum.  

Your idea of using a TV station to find out here address is batshit crazy, BTW.

Not to forget GDPR guidelines which safeguard ones privacy and information sharing without the adequate approval / consent could be a legal offence

On 01/04/2019, 22:05:54, Magmax said:

this might be inappriopriate

OK Stalking was perhaps a bit strong, but based on your own post, you already know that this isnt' really on.

It's great to care about people and you are right that good friends are hard to find and harder to keep, but as Franklan said, good friends are people you share personal information with, last-names, phone numbers, postal addresses etc...

Like I say if she wanted to keep in touch with you and she was able to then she would.

If she doesn't want to keep in touch you should respect her boundaries, if she is not able to keep in touch then it is unlikely you can help.

Either way you should probably just give it up.