Forwarding DHL parcel to a branch

7 posts in this topic

I tried hard to figure out, and it seems easy task, but it is not.

For whatever reason, I am having problems with almost all parcel deliveries. So to make it simple, I decided to forward all my parcels to DHL branch near where I live.

It is not the pickup station in my building. Since the guy lied to me, I do not feel comfortable.

So by default, if I am not at home, my parcels will be placed in the pick up station in my building. I do not want this.

So my questions are:

(1) Is it possible to have all my parcels to be placed the Deutsch Post/DHL near my place, even deliveries from Hermes, DPD?

(2) How to set up assigning a branch for my parcels to be placed? I went to the site:https://www.dhl.de/en/privatkunden/pakete-empfangen/an-einem-abholort-empfangen/filiale-empfang.html

Then there is no way to just log in as registered user. Only one option for registration. Since I already registered, ... This is driving me crazy.

Last week, I ordered a pair of shoes from adidas.de with the address of the Deutsch Post/DHL near my place. Then the parcel is place at a branch far from my place! I am running out of my patience.

Hermes and DPD are so stupid. They cannot find my address. There are 40 units living in my building. So it is not too small to be seen. My parcels sent back to the senders!

1 hour ago, SmurfLee said:

So my questions are:

(1) Is it possible to have all my parcels to be placed the Deutsch Post/DHL near my place, even deliveries from Hermes, DPD?

(2) How to set up assigning a branch for my parcels to be placed? I went to the site:https://www.dhl.de/en/privatkunden/pakete-empfangen/an-einem-abholort-empfangen/filiale-empfang.html

Then there is no way to just log in as registered user. Only one option for registration. Since I already registered, ... This is driving me crazy.

Last week, I ordered a pair of shoes from adidas.de with the address of the Deutsch Post/DHL near my place. Then the parcel is place at a branch far from my place! I am running out of my patience.

Hermes and DPD are so stupid. They cannot find my address. There are 40 units living in my building. So it is not too small to be seen. My parcels sent back to the senders!

It seems like the nearest designated pickup station for you would be the one that happens to be far from you. The branch near you might only be for sending mails or packages.

The same thing for us, we have a branch near our home where we send our packages, but if we are not home and no neighbor is able to accept our packages, we have to pick them up at a designated pickup station 30 minutes away. Some DHL workers don’t even ring. They just bring the packages immediately to the pickup station. We already had packages returned to senders because we were unable to go to the pickup station immediately. Absolute hassle. 

3 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

No, of course not. DPD only delivers to DPD partners, Hermes only to Hermes and UPS only to UPS etc. None of them supplies competitors.

2 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

No, of course not. DPD only delivers to DPD partners, Hermes only to Hermes and UPS only to UPS etc. None of them supplies competitors.

Yes, it is understandable.

Can I have something like mailbox at Post office? So that I can pick up all letters and parcels even from Hermes or DPD?

I feel I am under curse. Ever since I moved in this new apartment, I am having problem with most of my parcels, and I tend to buy stuff on internet.

I bought some origami paper from Miyabi last week. The sender last time sent to me by DP, this time is a bit bigger parcel, so she sent to me via DPD. DPD narrowed down the time to half hour, so I went to home to receive parcel. On the first day, they failed to deliver. Second day, the time slot changed several times, and I think the man passed by several time, and failed again. I was waiting at home for several hours!!!!!!!!!!

Last week, I ordered adidas, again failed!

47 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

Yes, it is understandable.

Can I have something like mailbox at Post office? So that I can pick up all letters and parcels even from Hermes or DPD?

No – parcels are not delivered to a 'Postfach' at all.This is not possible due to its size. A 'Postfach' is only for letters, postcards and similar. And again: no parcel providers supplies competitors.

You can only have DHL parcels delivered to DHL branches, DPD to DPD, Hermes to Hermes, UPS to UPS etc.

I have been facing similar problems - in my case, the DPD delivery person fakes delivery attempts (does not actually come to my house where I am waiting in person to receive the package), but delivers the package directly to a DPD Pickup-Paketshop. In my case, their website shows a DPD Pickup-Paketshopin my postcode, 1.2 km from my house, yet my "undeliverable" (i.e. undelivered) package got brought to a different one, a flower shop with limited hours some 6.5km away (35 minutes one way by public transport). I feel your pain! (DHL has been good to me, though - just goes to show how dependent it is on the individual drivers.)

My suggestion: See if you can have your packages either addressed to your work or to a small business near your house (a stationer, a gas station, a pharmacy or dentist's office...).  The latter requires some particular kindness on the part of the business owner/staff but if you are a neighbor (and of course if you give them your custom) they will often be happy to help by accepting parcels for you and keeping them until the evening or next day.

In my experience delivery services are much more reliable at actually dropping packages off at business addresses than at private addresses. I guess they (correctly) assume somebody will be there to sign for it and they know they can hardly use the excuse that "I rang the bell but nobody was there" at a business that was demonstrably open at the time their delivery attempt was supposed to have taken place.  Good luck!

2 hours ago, liebling said:

I have been facing similar problems - in my case, the DPD delivery person fakes delivery attempts (does not actually come to my house where I am waiting in person to receive the package), but delivers the package directly to a DPD Pickup-Paketshop. In my case, their website shows a DPD Pickup-Paketshopin my postcode, 1.2 km from my house, yet my "undeliverable" (i.e. undelivered) package got brought to a different one, a flower shop with limited hours some 6.5km away (35 minutes one way by public transport). I feel your pain! (DHL has been good to me, though - just goes to show how dependent it is on the individual drivers.)

My suggestion: See if you can have your packages either addressed to your work or to a small business near your house (a stationer, a gas station, a pharmacy or dentist's office...).  The latter requires some particular kindness on the part of the business owner/staff but if you are a neighbor (and of course if you give them your custom) they will often be happy to help by accepting parcels for you and keeping them until the evening or next day.

In my experience delivery services are much more reliable at actually dropping packages off at business addresses than at private addresses. I guess they (correctly) assume somebody will be there to sign for it and they know they can hardly use the excuse that "I rang the bell but nobody was there" at a business that was demonstrably open at the time their delivery attempt was supposed to have taken place.  Good luck!

My neighbors are mostly working full time, or their schedule would be changing all time. It is an apartment building.

It would be best if I can convince a small business in my neighborhood to help me with accepting my parcels.

But I am worrying they would not like to take the small responsibility and probably would avoid troubles with missing parcel etc.

In any case I have to try. There is a bike repair shop near by.