The 2020 US Presidential candidates

2,061 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Don't be so quick, AlexTr, with your reply to this. 

This eye-opening TedTalk tells of a different possibility. It's 16 min. so watch when you have time.

Very interesting.

Interesting and prescient but rather depressing. :( 

This from Vox...

Previous presidents have disputed accepted election results, though none has gone to the extreme of refusing to leave office. While the chance of this occurring now remains extremely low, Trump’s insistence that he has already won the election means the probability isn’t zero.

So let’s assume the worst: Biden is officially declared the winner by state vote counts, Trump won’t concede, and he says something like, “Actually, I won and will serve another four years.” At that point, Biden has one option: Get through the inauguration, then kick Trump out of the White House with the help of the Secret Service.

18 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Good grief! I already spend too much ass time keeping up here, with my other private board, my regular newsfeed with multiple sources and my emails.

Get Twitter or get a life. Same goes for Crackbook.

7 hours ago, balticus said:

You  seem to not understand how Twitter works.  Most major news outlets worldwide have a Twitter account.    In addition, it is possible to follow news sources at the Journalist level rather than the outlet level.   For non-Journalists who have good ideas, but no platform, Twitter is a good way for them to communicate their ideas or provide context by linking articles.  As an example, I follow Wolfgang Ischinger, who runs the Munich Security Conference.  He posts thought provoking ideas and links, many of which differ in view from my own.   If he would not be on Twitter, and instead would write a weekly or monthly article about a limited number of topics, it would be less valuable.   

Try this

https://twitter.com/TheGillsFC

The content, rather than the delivery method is most important.

If you remember 25 years ago, there were people who would not trust news from the internet and couldn't be bothered to read anything which wasn't on paper.    Some people have a hard time changing their ways.  

There is no reason that news needs to be presented in article fashion.   Given that most news is editorializing rather than reporting, a character limit is an advantage.  

Maybe a Twitter thread is in order.   

catch 22. Same advice from 2 people who usually post diametral opinion.  Intriguing.

28 minutes ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

catch 22. Same advice from 2 people who usually post diametral opinion.  Intriguing.

Actually, fraufruit and i disagree as usual.   I am a huge fan of Twitter.

6 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Don't be so quick, AlexTr, with your reply to this. 

This eye-opening TedTalk tells of a different possibility. It's 16 min. so watch when you have time.

Very interesting.

Very informative. This is what I have been afraid of since learning earlier about the not so democratic US election system. 

7 hours ago, fraufruit said:

TedTalk Very interesting.

43 minutes ago, bramble said:

Very informative. This is what I have been afraid of since learning earlier about the not so democratic US election system. 

Interesting indeed - but what beggars belief is that the rules weren't changed long ago to avoid such a situation from ever happening.

Seems to me that the country is totally disorganized leaving such a loopy system in place. :rolleyes: 

Pathetic really that nobody thought to sort this out previously, especially if they knew Trump would try to stay put. :rolleyes: 

30 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

Interesting indeed - but what beggars belief is that the rules weren't changed long ago to avoid such a situation from ever happening.

Seems to me that the country is totally disorganized leaving such a loopy system in place. :rolleyes: 

Pathetic really that nobody thought to sort this out previously, especially if they knew Trump would try to stay put. :rolleyes: 

Well, as mentioned earlier, there have been several attempts to change the system over the years, but were not very successful:

7 minutes ago, bramble said:

Well, as mentioned earlier, there have been several attempts to change the system over the years, but were not very successful:

+

Well Bramble, the DHS actually allowed the Dems to take the House in 2018 and watched them like a hawk. This election has something called QFS unbreakable encryption. Every ballot was marked like a currency note and tracked. Even the ballots for Trump dumped in the landfill were tracked. They have everything recorded, and 2600 military in plain clothes inside swing states polling stations monitoring everything going on during the fraud. 

This all goes to the Supreme Court, and who is the judge responsibe for voter fraud (the person the Dems were desperate not to get as replacement for the late RBG? Amy Coney Barret! Also who has been waiting 30 years for his revenge at the hands of Biden? Clarence Thomas! This is gonna be a shitshow to watch! Biden called him a "rape ape" I believe:

Someone attempted to ridicule me when I used the term "cybercommand". Here is the brand new as in 2018 US dept devoted to this. US elections are deemed a matter of national security and any foreign interference (remember 4 years of "Russia?) is covered by this EO from 2018: 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-imposing-certain-sanctions-event-foreign-interference-united-states-election/

and here is the special department newly created to deal with this:

https://www.cisa.gov/

I need more wine after reading this -

A top legal adviser to President Donald Trump’s campaign elected to make a bizarre suggestion to President-elect Joe Biden Thursday: Prove you actually won the election.

The Associated Press and other media outlets on Saturday projected Biden as the winner based on nonpartisan analysis of the vote in several states.

But the president has accused the Democratic Party of “wrongdoing” without providing evidence to back the allegations.

So in a stunning bit of illogic, Jenna Ellis claimed it was the Biden campaign’s job to disprove the Trump campaign’s baseless allegations of election fraud, rather than the other way around.

the tweets are even more bizarre

11 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I need more wine after reading this -

the tweets are even more bizarre

It's all happening as predicted in the TED Talk link you posted earlier. It's disturbing. As long as Trump doesn't concede, this scenario will continue. 

I reckon Trump will concede but only after he's milked his idiot supporters for millions to help pay down his campaign debt.

28 minutes ago, murphaph said:

I reckon Trump will concede but only after he's milked his idiot supporters for millions to help pay down his campaign debt.

BTW, 60% of the previous contributions to the Trump reelection campaign also... disappeared.