The 2020 US Presidential candidates

2,061 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, AlexTr said:

When you Brits start using words like chuffed and muckle

Do you mean mucker instead of muckle as I`ve never heard that word ?

Or have I been away from England too long

mick·le
/ˈmikəl/

SCOTTISHNORTHERN ENGLISH
noun
noun: muckle
  1. a large amount.

adjective
adjective: muckle
  1. very large.
    "she had a great big elephant … that's one of those mickle beasts from Africa"

determiner
determiner: muckle
  1. large in amount or quantity.
    "I've not got muckle need for such things"

In Swedish, mycket = much. Lots of Scandinavian-influenced vocabulary in Scotland.

11 hours ago, balticus said:

You sound upset.   Are you short popcorn futures?

Upset no.

Just totally amazed you can keep a straight face.

I´ve never known anyone change tact,ignore their mistakes,be hypocritical quite as much as you.

13 hours ago, lunaCH said:

Is anyone actually running that country, whilst people continue to die of corona?

So no change there then from the last 9 months of Corona.

As you seem to be sort of paying attention to my post then I`ll ask you again...

What do you think of what Trump is doing in regards to losing this election for example making accusations of vote fraud without any evidence etc ?

38 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Upset no.

Just totally amazed you can keep a straight face.

Already at 7:15 am CET?   Dude, get some exercise today and have that blood pressure checked.   

There has only been one time in recent history that a US candidate has declared victory before the other candidate conceded:   Al Gore did it in 2000.   🤡

We should know relatively soon if the party is going to back Trump's court actions or if they will let him know that they are not backing him.   The process is not finished yet.    I wouldn't go out and short Twitter stock just yet, nor would i spend to much time making an enemies list to be rounded up.   

Why are you in a rush?   Why don't you want everyone to be sure that the integrity of the results is indisputable so that nobody can claim that the election was stolen?

@AlexTr (oll), who melted down on the "pondering" thread about misinformation, has been a bit silent about the lack of a Constitutional basis for yesterday's announcement.   But who's kidding who?    @Janx Spirit is oblivious to the fact that the Guardian playbook he posted was followed by Biden and not Trump.    Both are partisan clowns who are more than willing to ignore rules when it suits their needs.    🤡

Unless your memory has gone totally Woodstock, you might have noticed that most of the USAians on this board have been whining for the past 4 years that Russian interference got Trump elected.     The result has been that there is a disproportional focus on Russia, which has even worse demographics than Germany and an economy which is comparable in size to Spain's.   Though i don't vote in the US, i find it important that the process is transparent that voters trust the process so that debates and disagreements are over policy rather than legitimacy.    

12 minutes ago, john g. said:

For what it‘s worth: an opinion poll in Britain re Trump or Biden-

The UK would get better treatment out of Trump than Biden, in my opinion. 

Also FWIW and IMHO:

Winners in a Biden Presidency:

1.  China

2.  China

3.  Iran

4.  Turkey

5.  Big Tech, Banking, Big Pharma, Healthcare,  Stocks

6.  US professional / managerial / ultra wealthy classes

Losers in a Biden Presidency:

1.  Mexico

2.  Vietnam, Taiwan, Phillipines, India

3.  Israel, Saudi Arabia4. 

4.  Poland and Baltic States

5.  US energy industry and manufacturing

6.  US working class

7. Twitter stock

By the time Germany and France recover from their hangovers from celebrating, they will start to understand that Trump was the messenger for some policies which had bi-partisan support and outside of tone, things might not change much, e.g. opposition to Nordstream II, flexibility in vendor choice for 5G, and NATO contributions.   

45 minutes ago, Keleth said:

What do you think of what Trump is doing in regards to losing this election for example making accusations of vote fraud without any evidence etc ?

@balticus....   Why do you never answer questions that are directly asked of you?

You are just like the other Trolls on here...  

8 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

@balticus...   Why do you never answer questions that are directly asked of you?

The answer was in my reply just not matched up with that question, which was by the way, addressed to lunaCH.

You are just like the other Trolls on here...  

Yes - I have a sense of humor.   It is indeed rare here.  🙉

A brief summary of election week that hopefully even john g. can understand:

6BBF6697-3F28-4453-8D59-6B225F2A9FB3.jpe

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

Just another pathetic circus. It's embarrassing for them. 

11 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Doesn't matter. Election over.

More fake news I presume. My understanding is that they are still counting in 4 states and recounts are due in several. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/us2020/results What the heck are they doing? 

10 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

You‘re obviously not in the Club :)

A bit late for John to be in the club. And would require a sex change I think. 

10 hours ago, john g. said:

Fraufruit! I must complain! You know I pay German tax but live in Greece!

Then stop paying it. Is your situation even legal? Shouldn't you be paying tax in Greece? :wacko: 

Well folks it was nice visiting again but it's time to move on so adios and good bye!

BTW anyone else notice that Robert Murdoch just threw Trump under the bus!!

Trump is so clearly finished. It's kind of pathetic how you guys are hanging on to him. He's already working out his exit strategy while you're sitting at home wearing your MAGA (made in China) caps. Speaking of which the souvenir stores in DC have already dumped their stocks of MAGA crap. They have a better handle on reality than some here.

The Republican party machine may yet invoke article 25 on his ass if he doesn't concede and enable a smooth transition of power because the leaders of most all the countries of the free world, including Britain Trump have recognised Biden as the next president. This heaps pressure on the Republican party to re-establish control of the narrative and contain the effects of any Trump tantrums.

Even the SCOTUS is beneath the law.

No recounts in US history have overturned the sorts of margins we are talking about. They find a few hundred votes at most may have been incorrectly counted but the recounts themselves may have errors. 

50 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

A brief summary of election week that hopefully even john g. can understand:

6BBF6697-3F28-4453-8D59-6B225F2A9FB3.jpe

Erection week , then!😂

Even I understand?🙈

35 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

More fake news I presume. My understanding is that they are still counting in 4 states and recounts are due in several. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/us2020/results What the heck are they doing? 

A bit late for John to be in the club. And would require a sex change I think. 

Then stop paying it. Is your situation even legal? Shouldn't you be paying tax in Greece? :wacko: 

I am registered in Germany and have to pay tax there. Foreigners living in Greece and earning their money outside of Greece are not required to pay Greek tax. 
This encourages foreigners to buy a place here and spend money here. 

1 minute ago, john g. said:

Foreigners living in Greece and earning their money outside of Greece are not required to pay Greek tax. 

My understanding was that very few people bother to pay tax in Greece anyway, so I guess a couple more rocking around there won't make too much of a dent! :D

1 hour ago, balticus said:

The UK would get better treatment out of Trump than Biden, in my opinion. 

Also FWIW and IMHO:

Winners in a Biden Presidency:

1.  China

2.  China

3.  Iran

4.  Turkey

5.  Big Tech, Banking, Big Pharma, Healthcare,  Stocks

6.  US professional / managerial / ultra wealthy classes

Losers in a Biden Presidency:

1.  Mexico

2.  Vietnam, Taiwan, Phillipines, India

3.  Israel, Saudi Arabia4. 

4.  Poland and Baltic States

5.  US energy industry and manufacturing

6.  US working class

7. Twitter stock

By the time Germany and France recover from their hangovers from celebrating, they will start to understand that Trump was the messenger for some policies which had bi-partisan support and outside of tone, things might not change much, e.g. opposition to Nordstream II, flexibility in vendor choice for 5G, and NATO contributions.   

Well, I‘m no expert but methinks Realpolitik will kick in, given the huge existing trade and investment between the two countries and security issues...