The 2020 US Presidential candidates

2,061 posts in this topic

Women of color is general term for woman of many different ethnicities. Doesn't mean they are black, yellow, orange or purple. They are simply not white and neither are white people while we're at it.

12 hours ago, john g. said:

I still find this description " woman of color " strange. 

Agree.  Person of color or POC as well.

It seems in US politics it is touted as a credential.  

Tulsi Gabbard and Andrew Yang are POCs but infrequently referred to as such. Elizabeth Warren after her infamous DNA test is not called a POC any longer.  

Trump’s Base May Be Starting to Abandon Him, According to a New Poll

President Donald Trump is losing support among voters, including members of his base, as the 2020 presidential election cycle approaches. A new poll from PBS NewsHour, NPR, and Marist found that 57% of registered voters said they would vote against the president in the next election, PBS reported.

The poll was conducted between Jan. 10 and Jan. 13, and surveyed 1,023 U.S. adults with a 3.8% margin of error, including 873 registered voters, with a 4.2% margin of error.

Maybe that's why he freaked out and went on a Twitter bender yesterday.

What a joke this country has become. Trump the idiot has made everyone into idiots. The Democrats are hopeless... their candidates are all clowns. Couldn't they find *anyone* better to run against Trump, the biggest clown of a President that ever was? And George W Bush was the dumbest!

As an independent , this stuff going on right now, I have to say, this is just nonsense!  The Mueller Investigation, the Russian collusion, then the obstruction, and now this Ukraine quid pro quo impeachment... the charges are really weak. You'd think they'd nail him with something big, but on what amounts to a technicality? Yes, of course the motive was to dig up dirt on Biden. But on the other hand, had this been anyone else but Biden, it would have been justified! Could it be that BOTH Trump and Biden are Crooks? Looks like it to me! 

Complete circus. The Democrats will lose in 2020. They bring nothing to the table other than offering freebies. Vote for me and I'll steal for you! The republicans are no different - vote for me! I'll cut taxes and keeping borrowing on your behalf so that the military industrial complex and chrony capitalists get rich. Basically democracy is just the citizens conspiring to steal from each other.

@wien4ever Those are a lot of opinions. Could you back any of it up with facts? What are the reasons you think Biden, Warren, etc are not qualified to be POTUS?

Why is the current impeachment weak? Is it really a technicality to have a POTUS try to solicit political help for his campaign? What legal precedent do you have for declaring black letter law a 'technicality '?

I can't do much with your last paragraph. You seem very upset about this and I agree it is upsetting. A self-professed scam artist (in his book he talked about how he took loans with no intent to repay; at the case against Trump Univ. his company was forced to allocute; in the case regarding his fraudulent charity for veterans his representative admitted to the facts; his charity, the Trump Foundation, was shut down for self-dealing, I.e., taking money for himself; he took money from a children's cancer charity) sits in our White House, the people's house, and works to destroy the US for his own gain.

Then we should go back to the dark ages and Trial him as a witch!   Dunk him!    If he floats up.. he is a witch, and must be burned at the stake!    If he sinks, then he aint a witch!

Simplz... innit?

10 hours ago, wien4ever said:

Complete circus. The Democrats will lose in 2020. 

Amen! 

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

Could you back any of it up with facts?

I think the problem is that you are fed your opinions in your social media echo chambers.  Echo chambers don't actually reflect the reality of what is going on.

That's why you guys were shocked at Brexit and Trump winning. 

And that is why you will be shocked again when the Democrats lose (or Trump wins.)  ;) 

7 minutes ago, hellfire99 said:

Amen! 

I think the problem is that you are fed your opinions in your social media echo chambers.  Echo chambers don't actually reflect the reality of what is going on.

That's why you guys were shocked at Brexit and Trump winning. 

And that is why you will be shocked again when the Democrats lose (or Trump wins.)  ;) 

You start this with "I think" and automatically render your position debatable. Support any of that with verifiable facts and anyone might care.

10 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Then we should go back to the dark ages and Trial him as a witch!   Dunk him!    If he floats up.. he is a witch, and must be burned at the stake!    If he sinks, then he aint a witch!

Simplz... innit?

Not really. Then he would get to be right - witch hunt.

If the Democrats need to bring more witnesses and evidence at this point, they are playing the game wrong. For their own self interest they should have done it all in the house. This is a hail mary pass at this point to convince the republicans to bring in witnesses! Whatever happened to the claim that the evidence was overwhelming?

11 hours ago, wien4ever said:

If the Democrats need to bring more witnesses and evidence at this point, they are playing the game wrong. For their own self interest they should have done it all in the house. This is a hail mary pass at this point to convince the republicans to bring in witnesses! Whatever happened to the claim that the evidence was overwhelming?

No, not really. This is how it was done in the past. Is this the first impeachment for which you've been of voting age? On what specious precedent do you base your opinion?

5 minutes ago, balticus said:

Bernie Sanders gets a weak endorsement from Joe Rogan.    Democrats flip out.   Second article is satire - or is it?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51241462

https://politics.theonion.com/liberals-say-sanders-s-acceptance-of-rogan-endorsement-1841208921

Funny. No one I know even noticed that. It must be media inspired faux outrage generated by culling social media.