The 2020 US Presidential candidates

2,061 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Techsmex said:

We're complicated.

so much so that a candidate can get more popular votes than any president in history, and still loses the election. 

8 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Just Pennsylvania?

By crikey, you guys have a weird system, and I speak as one who has the option of voting for the Flying Spaghetti monster or a Monster Raving Looney if I so wish.

Also, not ADHD friendly. I mean, another week? Dudes. 

Not ADHD friendly!😂😂 

Hilarious!👍🏼

Btw,  not to summon the Demons,  but the Pro-Trump trolls seem unusually quiet.    

Go figure part 2 and 3

and

Lee Drutman (@leedrutman) Tweeted:

If you are trying to make sense of Florida’s vote to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour AND reelect Trump, I’d like to remind of the upper-left hand quadrant of this chart I made back in 2017. Lots of voters are socially conservative and economically liberal. https://t.co/zoTzXFjCME

12 minutes ago, tor said:

so much so that a candidate can get more popular votes than any president in history, and still loses the election. 

Seems our forefathers who framed our constitution gave esteemed colleagues the power to exercise oversight over the passions of the people.  For example, if the people chose someone dangerous (like Hitler) there's a chance for electors to reverse that decision. What about the other way?  If the people chose a candidate but the electoral process chose Hitler (Trump)?  I reckon it's time for a reckoning.  A bit tweaking of the process is in order. 

I think goes a long ways in explaining why the Blue wave fizzed out, I was expecting a blood bath for the GOP. Instead we'll see even more energetized. Win or lose Trump will be a round for a while

The big story of the night was that Trump gained in every demographic EXCEPT white men. Biden is probably going to win this thing because he gained with white men. The American people rejected woke intersectional identity politics, but of course the media will learn zero lessons

20 minutes ago, Techsmex said:

Seems our forefathers who framed our constitution gave esteemed colleagues the power to exercise oversight over the passions of the people.  For example, if the people chose someone dangerous (like Hitler) there's a chance for electors to reverse that decision. What about the other way?  If the people chose a candidate but the electoral process chose Hitler (Trump)?  I reckon it's time for a reckoning.  A bit tweaking of the process is in order. 

Those were different times. Only white males who owned property were eligible voters. 

I can't get the hang of this Electoral college vote. It doesn't seem very democratic to me. Seems antiquated. Shouldn't this system be reformed?

Let the sore loser games begin -

The Trump campaign announced Wednesday that it was requesting a formal recount of the ballots cast in the presidential election in Wisconsin, where Joe Biden leads by more than 20,000 votes and the Associated Press has projected him the winner.

“There have been reports of irregularities in several Wisconsin counties which raise serious doubts about the validity of the results,” Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien said in a statement. “The President is well within his rights to request a recount and we will immediately do so.”

3 minutes ago, bramble said:

Seems antiquated. Shouldn't this system be reformed?

Yes madam.   thus my comment   "  I reckon it's time for a reckoning.  A bit tweaking of the process is in order"

Our children and their children will question this antiquated system and change it, I'm sure.

9 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Damn near impossible.

I've always thought of impossible as "I'm possible"  cliché, yet comforting

anyone seen seagull shitter Jeremy recently?

Don't worry, Trump flew him out 2 hours ago.

Crisis Meeting... Black Ops, need to know shit...

he comes here.. spreads his bullshit as if its the truth and the fucks off... "Seagull shitter"----

If he wants to be treated with respect, then he should respond ..  AND not accuse others of seagull shitting!...

maybe we should wait till Jeremythree turns up

19 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Why do you even bring him up? We're doing quite fine without him over here.

I think because i mentioned Demons in an earlier post. Piggy, don't let those fiends occupy space in your head.

can't believe I'm protecting SP.  oh well, you've grown on me over the years you feck

1 minute ago, Janx Spirit said:

Don't worry, Trump flew him out 2 hours ago.

Crisis Meeting... Black Ops, need to know shit...

Ah....  Insider intel shit etc...   gotcha!

16 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

We have been trying to change it for as long as I can remember. Damn near impossible.

You have prompted me to read up on this. It seems there have been several proposals and efforts over the years, all without success. But it's not impossible as long as there are people who think it's unfair and should be changed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efforts_to_reform_the_United_States_Electoral_College