The 2020 US Presidential candidates

2,061 posts in this topic

I read an article yesterday that his legal path is not so simple. He cannot call the supreme court immediately, he has to go through all contested state courts first. Stopping count is not easy and will probably won´t happen, but depends on each state laws. Only after that he can go to supreme court.

I think the reaction from Foxnews so far mean this is just for the show. They are probably going to accept this. If you see Fox going along with Trump during the day, then yes, there is danger there.

13 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Biden took the lead in Michigan! Huge comeback! Perhaps PA and Georgia/Nevada are not required at all.

Best case would be Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada and Georgia, then PA is not required by a long measure and the arguments from Trump evaporate.

Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada all just ahead now... Georgia and NC about 1.5% behind

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2020/nov/03/us-election-2020-live-results-donald-trump-joe-biden-who-won-presidential-republican-democrat

17 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Biden took the lead in Michigan! Huge comeback! Perhaps PA and Georgia/Nevada are not required at all.

Best case would be Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada and Georgia, then PA is not required by a long measure and the arguments from Trump evaporate.

Don't Call It A Comeback – Email Marketing Blog

14 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I read an article yesterday that his legal path is not so simple. He cannot call the supreme court immediately, he has to go through all contested state courts first. Stopping count is not easy and will probably won´t happen, but depends on each state laws. Only after that he can go to supreme court.

I think the reaction from Foxnews so far mean this is just for the show. They are probably going to accept this. If you see Fox going along with Trump during the day, then yes, there is danger there.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/04/could-trump-really-settle-us-election-result-in-the-supreme-court

Read somewhere that there is 50 different elections each with its own rules. States controlled by the Dems make voting easier, states controlled by Rep make voting tougher. If the GOP keeps the senate won't matter who wins as nothing will get done. The GOP will block everything but tax cuts

The more mail in votes they count, the better Biden is doing. It ain't over until the fat lady sings and if Biden wins, there ain't a GD thing that Trump can do about it.

I'm watching this minute by minute. Champagne is cold in the frig.

32 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I'm watching this minute by minute. Champagne is cold in the frig.

Same

Has J² been silenced or is he not drunk yet?

20 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Barman! Glass of white wine for the lady in the sung, please. Back to the discussion.

Missed this darling!  How you doing?  Cheers!

4 minutes ago, Tim Hortons Man said:

Go figure

According to the exit poll, Trump did better in 2020 with every race and gender except white men.

Change from 2016:

White Men -5

White Women +2

Black Men +4

Black Women +4

Latino Men +3

Latino Women +3

Other +5

https://twitter.com/jonkay/status/1323991843059761159?s=20

This analysis is completely wrong because of the huge number of people who did not go to the polling stations.

1 hour ago, Janx Spirit said:

Or the Fat Orange Man... don't count your pumpkins too early ;) 

Anyway

123516454_1922270597915450_4197733125929

Who's the loony in the middle??

So Biden is ahead in many of the crucial states. Woohoo!

It could still go either way.

May the best man win!

ETA - Forgot to mention that the markets are kicking ass with Biden ahead.

5 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

You're right, fraufruit.  I would not necessarily have so thoroughly scrutinized Biden for signs of mental fitness if "Sleepy Joe" wasn't bandied about so freely.

Perfect propaganda, and it worked, to a point.  Objectively I do think being 86 by the end of a second term is pretty old (and Donnie's not that far behind him) but my wondering if he was really too old started with the campaign against him, to be sure.

You might be right about the "bullying" propaganda of the Donald, but Joe is already well known for his gaffs, and is now of an age where he will only get worse.

Don't get me wrong, my point here is simply that the Democrats chose a pretty weak candidate IMO. I will celebrate if Trump is out of office, but I cannot imagine Joe being a good president.