The 2020 US Presidential candidates

2,061 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2020, 9:16:10, john g. said:

What is TDS, Encino?🙈 Tax deductions at source???

Not sure posts on here are tax deductible!😂

I thought it meant The Daily Show, but then I realised that encino wouldn't be seen dead watcing it...

Donald Trump said at his rally last night, "We've turned the corner."

In response, the market said, "I got your corner right here."

corner.png

Stock market slide muddles Trump’s economic message days before 2020 election

A sudden drop in the stock market threatens to muddle President Trump’s campaign message about America’s economic recovery just days before the Nov. 3 election.

Trump has touted a partial economic rebound and rising stock market as central to his 2020 reelection bid, frequently pointing to Americans’ 401(K) accounts and investment portfolios. The president has insisted that both the market and the economy would nosedive should he lose to Joe Biden, at one point claiming the Democratic presidential nominee would cause a “super depression."

But a sharp market drop this week -- which follow a sharp rise in coronavirus cases both in the U.S. and in Europe, as well as a continued gridlock over a stimulus deal in Washington -- may complicate the president’s boasts of overseeing a rapid economic recovery. Trump will likely see a boost from positive report on America’s economic growth on Thursday, but investors fear a prolonged downturn in the stock market given that the virus is raging with increasing ferocity across much of the country.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell by more than 600 points on Monday, an approximately 2.3 percent drop, one of the largest single-day declines on the year. After a smaller dip on Tuesday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell more than 700 points Wednesday morning.

The Dow Jones is down nearly 2400 points since Sept. 2, a roughly 8 percent decline.

Yo, Trumpers, I have time before I need my money out of the market. How much time have you got?

He's been saying that multiple times per week to anyone who will listen why the numbers are skyrocketing.

Worst 2 days I ever remember experiencing in the market. 

Please let this election be over soon and a stimulus package to be passed for those who need it the most. Amen.

25 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Donald Trump said at his rally last night, "We've turned the corner."

In response, the market said, "I got your corner right here."

22 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

He's been saying that multiple times per week to anyone who will listen why the numbers are skyrocketing.

Worst 2 days I ever remember experiencing in the market. 

Probably need to post on this thread.

The markets are not in free fall because of the presidential race but because of the lock downs coming to France and Germany and most of Europe.

The rise in Covid cases is what is causing the markets to fall and NOT Trump.

7 minutes ago, Janx Spirit said:

Whatever makes you come at night...

Life outside TT.

You should try it sometime. 

I don’t know why Trump thinks everyone has all of their investments within their 401(K)s tied only to the stock market.  This indicates to me again how out of touch he is.

Especially since over 85% of Americans aren't invested in the market in any way. Most companies and all small businesses don't even offer 401 K .

THE DOG ATE MY OCTOBER SURPRISE!

This is how stupid and desperate it gets on the whacko right.  

On Wednesday night’s show, Tucker Carlson reported that his team had acquired incriminating documents. However, they sent them from Washington to Los Angeles, and the documents disappeared. And they neglected to make any copies. So now the only copy of the documents that would nail the probable next President of the United States are gone

2 hours ago, silty1 said:

THE DOG ATE MY OCTOBER SURPRISE!

This is how stupid and desperate it gets on the whacko right.  

On Wednesday night’s show, Tucker Carlson reported that his team had acquired incriminating documents. However, they sent them from Washington to Los Angeles, and the documents disappeared. And they neglected to make any copies. So now the only copy of the documents that would nail the probable next President of the United States are gone

I once saw Glen beck going on about how he had some documents that would topple Obama and that the white house had better get in touch and come clean.

Nothing ever turned up.

Watching Fox doing things like this is like watching Ghost watch way back in the day.

It's entertainment, it's not real but quite a few people fall for it because they so desperately want it to be real.

Actually, that applies to Trump and Brexit. That desperate need is usually connected with an 'it will be great tomorrow' and 'the other side is terrible'. 

15 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Especially since over 85% of Americans aren't invested in the market in any way. Most companies and all small businesses don't even offer 401 K .

Around 55% of adults.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/266807/percentage-americans-owns-stock.aspx

18 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I don’t know why Trump thinks everyone has all of their investments within their 401(K)s tied only to the stock market.  This indicates to me again how out of touch he is.

There are two topics i have promised my spouse to avoid discussing in polite company:

1. the price of copper

2. the bond market

Nobody is going to get elected talking up the bond market or money markets.    Copper avoidance has a different origin. 

One of the top performing asset classes in the US over the past year has been ... wait for it ... Utilities.    When the topic of markets comes up at a dinner party, that subject may not be the most interesting.  

2 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

jeremyonetwothreefourfive...  you're spent dear