The 2020 US Presidential candidates

1,054 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

No,  You are an annoying insect.  Nothing more.

LOL at least I'm on the winning team.  MeRRRica will break up soon.  VeRRRshtest doo? Mine pRRRogRRResiveRRR AmeRRRikanischeRRR Kumpel?

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

d20b12d8a9197b748f7db1d9d0684744.png.c5e5f8a58ed776d2463464dc73d1b985.png

You're starting to remind me of Marcy from Married with Children.

Tough road to prove that all Trumps aren't racist. 

BuzzFeed CEO: I Heard Ivanka Trump Talk About "Mulatto Cocks"

Ivanka Trump once told a gathering of friends and acquaintances she had never seen “a mulatto cock,” BuzzFeed founder and chief executive Jonah Peretti allegedWednesday.

“Surprised Ivanka would be shocked by lewd language,” Peretti tweeted. "I met her once & she casually said: ‘I’ve never seen a mulatto cock, but I’d like to.”

Peretti said the encounter with Ivanka occurred at a Manhattan dive bar called Tropical 128 about 8-10 years ago with roughly five other people present, including his wife, Andrea Harner. Peretti said Ivanka and he share a mutual friend who invited her to the bar that evening.

“She was saying how she first said she had never seen an uncircumcised cock and then she said, ‘I’ve never seen a mulatto cock. There’s lots of cocks I’ve never seen,’ or something like that,” Peretti said.

“Of course, it was memorable just because of the use of the lewd language and racist language. It was also memorable being in the environment of being… in New York, sometimes liberal and progressive people make comments meant as jokes and not necessarily earnest. I didn’t know how to take it.”

Peretti said that, in the years since the encounter, he and his wife have discussed the alleged quote privately multiple times.

Reached by email, Harner told BuzzFeed News: "I was there and did hear it but have no comment beyond that."

^LOL who cares what kind of cocks Ivanka fantasizes about?  However considering that leftist men are typically weaker and have less testosterone...

and also considering how soyish Peretti looks like I wouldn't be surprised if it was him who was asking Ivanka those questions and projecting his cuckish fantasies onto her.  He clearly can't do the job himself so he wants to see her with some other dude...

@AlexTr: Anyone who's shocked by the use of the words "mulatto cock" must have led a very sheltered life. And why is "mulatto" now considered racist?

"It was also memorable being in the environment of being… in New York, sometimes liberal and progressive people make comments meant as jokes and not necessarily earnest. I didn’t know how to take it."

Wow, someone in New York said "mulatto cock"! The horror!

Ooh, I see a lot of defensiveness between my last post and this one.

Maybe they're getting freaked out by the wholesale rejection of their principles.

Marines order Confederate flags removed in ban that includes bumper stickers and clothing

The U.S. Marine Corps on Friday ordered all public displays of the Confederate flag removed, a ban that extends to bumper stickers, clothing, mugs, posters and more.

The order directs Marine Corps commanders to find and remove displays of the flag in "work places, common-access areas, and public areas" on base.

"The Confederate battle flag has all too often been co-opted by violent extremist and racist groups whose divisive beliefs have no place in our Corps," a notice posted by the U.S. Marines on Twitter says.

Exceptions to the order include state flags that include the Confederate flag and Confederate soldiers' gravesites. Individual barracks, living quarters and private vehicles will not be inspected, the order says

In April, top Marine Gen. David Berger banned the display of the Confederate flag and other such symbols.

So long, loser symbols and the people who display them.

27 minutes ago, GerardB said:

. And why is "mulatto" now considered racist?

It all depends on context.

If you`ve ever read any L Ron Hubbard novels he uses Mulatto in a racist way.

54 minutes ago, GerardB said:

@AlexTr: Anyone who's shocked by the use of the words "mulatto cock" must have led a very sheltered life. And why is "mulatto" now considered racist?

"It was also memorable being in the environment of being… in New York, sometimes liberal and progressive people make comments meant as jokes and not necessarily earnest. I didn’t know how to take it."

I don‘t know if the word mulatto/a is acceptable in the US in 2020 but I have just read this by an American woman of „ mixed heritage „ ( don‘t know how acceptable that is, either, or to whom or to whom not... but anyway:  https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2016/08/25/455470334/all-mixed-up-what-do-we-call-people-of-multiple-backgrounds 

1 hour ago, GerardB said:

It works like this:

Ali Antifa:  Remember that conservative woman, who thinks gyms should be allowed to reopen?  Well this one time at bandcamp she told me she dated a black guy for 4 months back in 2008. Hahaha what do think of that Trump supporters?

700 Conservatives in the crowd: Who cares?

3 Neo Nazis in the corner: Race Traitor!

Ali Antifa: hahaha you see! Conservatives are all racist!  Ban them all!

'We know what we have to lose now': Pandemic, protests could tilt Michigan Biden's way

interviews with voters like Small — as well as with former lawmakers, political strategists, activists, journalists and political experts in Michigan — indicate that what may impact the election here more than anything is how the lives of black Americans in particular have been upended by what Massachusetts Rep. Ayanna Pressley called a "pandemic within a pandemic": black people sickening and dying of COVID-19 at disproportionate rates while suffering from the epidemic of police brutality currently being protested in the streets.

Biden, who has enjoyed strong levels of support from African American voters throughout the campaign, stands to benefit politically, they said. But given what happened in 2016 — when polls showed that Michigan was also Hillary Clinton’s to lose, and then she lost it — black voters and Democratic political strategistswarned that Biden must do more to appeal to and turn out African American voters in order to compete with the white working class contingent Trump so adeptly mobilized in 2016, and who could turn out en masse for him again.

The African American community is motivated to come out to have Trump removed. Unlike when Hillary was running, no one truly knew how bad Trump could be,” said LaMar Lemmons, a former Democratic member of the Michigan state House. “The pandemic was really the last straw for many people. Of course now we’re talking about the protests, but Trump’s nonresponse to the pandemic has really alienated the African American community."

“But if he [Biden] really wants to be sure he’s reaching voters, and reaching black voters, he needs to come here and campaign,” added Lemmons, who remains a political activist in Detroit.

He should pledge to appoint one of the Obamas to his cabinet as Secretary for Minority Outreach and Empowerment.

They'll need to make sure that there's enough Preparation H available in stores, though, because the racist butthurt would be epic.

Bush, Romney not expected to support Trump, NYT reports

Former President George W. Bush and Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, are reportedly not expected to support the reelection of President Trump -- two high profile GOP figures who are believed to be avoiding backing the Republican president in November.

The New York Times, citing “people familiar with their thinking”, reported that Bush won’t support Trump’s reelection, and former Trump 2016 rival Jeb Bush isn’t sure how he will vote. Meanwhile, Romney will not vote for Trump, and is considering once again writing in his wife, Ann, or casting another ballot, the Times reported.

Trump has been a vocal critic of both Bush and Romney for years and has regularly feuded with Romney. Trump criticized Bush earlier this year for being "nowhere to be found" during his impeachment trial, although he had himself backed callsfor Bush’s impeachment.

Meanwhile, Romney was the only Republican senator who voted to impeach Trump on one of the two articles of impeachment -- abuse of power. Romney has criticized Trump on a number of occasions in recent years.

Atlantic Magazine - The Trump Regime Is Beginning to Topple

"Even if the protests fizzle—and the parade of denunciations comes to an end—it’s worth pausing to marvel at the moment. Despite the divisions of the country, a majority of its people joined together in shared abhorrence of the president, at least for an instant. Sectors of society that studiously avoid politics broke with their reticence. In a dark era, when it seemed beyond the moral capacities of the nation, it mustered the will to disobey."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/how-regime-change-happens/612739/

@john g.: I think people need to relax a bit when it comes to language and choice of words. Anyone who tries to control someone else's language is an authoritarian bully in my opinion.

18 minutes ago, GerardB said:

I think people need to relax a bit when it comes to language and choice of words. Anyone who tries to control someone else's language is an authoritarian bully in my opinion.

My, how quickly the worm turns:

On 5/21/2020, 11:22:49, GerardB said:

You might watch your language, dear.

Oh, and you said this when it was about depriving you of your ability to have a beer at the pub:

On 5/23/2020, 4:22:11, GerardB said:

Demonising those who have the guts to take to the streets to defend our civil liberties is wrong.

but POC demonstrating for their actual lives is too much for you.

1 hour ago, GerardB said:

@john g.: I think people need to relax a bit when it comes to language and choice of words. Anyone who tries to control someone else's language is an authoritarian bully in my opinion.

For me- context and intentions are what count. Sometimes, people also try to censure other people‘s opinions. That is something I don‘t like. Most people can also have „ bad days „, when they then regret what they said or wrote. 
Some people ARE also authoritarian bullies - also true. 
Then they have to live with the consequences from others.

I am sure I am as guilty of this as others!🙏🏻

Colin Powell calls Trump a liar, says he skirts the Constitution, will vote Biden

After a week in which President Donald Trump threatened to use military force against protesters, Colin Powell and other retired military leaders blasted the commander-in-chief for taking steps they say will harm the relationship between the military and U.S. citizens.

Powell, who served as Secretary of State under former President George W. Bush and was previously chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told CNN's "State of the Union" that Trump is "drifting" away from the Constitution and said he's a habitual liar.

"We have a Constitution. We have to follow that Constitution. And the president's drifted away from it," Powell said, offering praise for military leaders who have spoken out against the president in recent days.

Powell, who did not vote for Trump in 2016, said he would vote for Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, this fall.

Trump responded to Powell on Twitter, calling him "a real stiff who was very responsible for getting us into the disastrous Middle East Wars" and that Powell "just announced he will be voting for another stiff, Sleepy Joe Biden."

That Trump is all class.

@El Jeffo: The Black Lives Matter (BLM) protesters have the right to protest. So do those protesting against the coronavirus lockdowns. Here's the difference: the media, governments and event the corporate world are supporting the BLM protesters without question, despite the rioting that some of them have engaged in. On the other hand, they've being demonising the protesters who have taken to the streets to protest peacefully against the lockdown. That's a double standard. It's also most unfair and sad - I would even say cruel - how the BLM protesters can do what they want, while grieving families can't even have proper funerals for their loved ones. Here's a good article on the subject: https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/06/04/the-hypocrisy-of-the-blm-lockdown-breakers/

5 minutes ago, GerardB said:

@El Jeffo: The Black Lives Matter (BLM) protesters have the right to protest. So do those protesting against the coronavirus lockdowns. Here's the difference: the media, governments and event the corporate world are supporting the BLM protesters without question, despite the rioting that some of them have engaged in. On the other hand, they've being demonising the protesters who have taken to the streets to protest peacefully against the lockdown. That's a double standard. It's also most unfair and sad - I would even say cruel - how the BLM protesters can do what they want, while grieving families can't even have proper funerals for their loved ones. Here's a good article on the subject: https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/06/04/the-hypocrisy-of-the-blm-lockdown-breakers/

You want to talk about double standards?

When these guys protest no one dares to do anything:

200415-michigan-protest-video-tease__415

But when unarmed people protest, the police sometimes beat the sh*t out of them for no reason ... or because Trump wants to take a picture in front of a church.