The 2020 US Presidential candidates

2,061 posts in this topic

So is Dominon or any of its company officers going to sue聽for defamation?聽 聽馃ぁ

Meanwhile, the Senate continues to appoint Trump-recommended people to Federal judge positions.聽 The latest one is a young woman who has a whopping 7,5 years of experience as a time-keeper lawyer, and has never tried a case.聽 She is a Trump loyalist, though.

The end-result will be a judiciary that is over 1/3rd Trump-appointed, and a big number of them were rated "not acceptable" by the American Bar Association.聽 They are mostly young, and have lifetime appointments.

My late aunt was a Federal judge, and she had 30 years of litigation and judge experience when she was appointed to the Federal bench.聽 I am sure she is rolling in her grave right now.

鈥楨xhibit Q鈥: Lawyer Lin Wood Submits that Michigan Is Really Minnesota in Failed Pro-Trump Election Affidavit

Outgoing PresidentDonald Trump鈥檚聽sprawling self-ordained 鈥渆lite strike force鈥 legal team and allies thereof struck out again in their clumsy courtroom antics to overturn the 2020 election.

In one of the unkindest cuts for the lame-duck president on Thursday,Trump-appointed U.S. District JudgeSteven Grimbergscathingly dismissed attorneyLin Wood鈥檚attempt to block certification of Georgia鈥檚 vote in a lawsuit the state said aimed to roll back the clock to the Jim Crow era.

鈥淭o halt the certification at literally the 11th hour would breed confusion and disenfranchisement that I find have no basis in fact and law,鈥 Judge Grimberg declared from the bench at the end of a roughly two-and-a-half hour hearing.

The judge appears not to have been persuaded by such evidence as the affidavit labeled on the docket as 鈥淓xhibit Q,鈥 which argues that the Georgia vote is untrustworthy because more people voted in Michigan than live in Minnesota.

Go here for a deeper dive.

2 hours ago, balticus said:

So is Dominon or any of its company officers going to sue聽for defamation?聽 聽馃ぁ

Same time as when the Republicans produce any evidence I presume.Oh wait they had a press conference that`s enough for gullible idiots to believe everything.

Trump continues to burn it down and make things difficult for President Biden in every way he can -

The Trump administration wasted no time proving what was clear from the get-go: that its support of a major public lands bill was nothing more than pre-electiongreenwashingfor President Donald Trump andtwo Senate allies.

In August, Trumpsignedthe bipartisan Great American Outdoors Act into law, falsely portraying himself as a conservationist on par with President Theodore Roosevelt. The measure, widely considered the most significant conservation legislation in a generation, allocates $9.5 billion to fix crumbling national park infrastructure and permanently funds the Land and Water Conservation Fund at $900 million per year. The decades-old LWCF uses offshore fossil fuel revenues to establish and protect parks, wildlife refuges, forests and wildlife habitat.

But Trump and his team are longtime foes of the LWCF. The administrationtried repeatedlyto gut the program鈥檚 funding. And days after the 2020 presidential election, which Trump handilylost, Interior Secretary David Bernhardt signed anorderthat kneecaps LWCF and undermines the new law that Bernhardt previously argued would not have passed without Trump鈥檚 鈥strong and bold action.鈥

Theorder, dated Nov. 9, gives state governors and local jurisdictions the power to veto federal land acquisitions made through LWCF.鈥淎 written expression of support by both the affected Governor and local county or county government-equivalent (e.g. parish, borough) is required for the acquisition of land, water, or an interest in land or water under the Federal LWCF program,鈥 it reads

here

#legacy

15 hours ago, Keleth said:

Ok I`ll give you the benefit of the doubt and let you explain why Trump supporters and defenders should not be abused.

For a start: Because libel and slander are punishable offenses?

14 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Meanwhile, the Senate continues to appoint Trump-recommended people to Federal judge positions.聽 The latest one is a young woman who has a whopping 7,5 years of experience as a time-keeper lawyer, and has never tried a case.聽 She is a Trump loyalist, though.

The end-result will be a judiciary that is over 1/3rd Trump-appointed, and a big number of them were rated "not acceptable" by the American Bar Association.聽 They are mostly young, and have lifetime appointments.

My late aunt was a Federal judge, and she had 30 years of litigation and judge experience when she was appointed to the Federal bench.聽 I am sure she is rolling in her grave right now.

For some perspective, Elena Kagan had never been a Judge at any level before being appointed to the Supreme Court.聽 聽

If the Trump legal team pulls a rabbit out of a hat and he remains President, everyone should be praying for the health聽of Stephen Breyer, who is 82 years old.聽 聽

Georgia certifies election results 鈥 the first to do so among states where Trump is mounting legal challenges

Georgia鈥檚 top Republicans on Friday publicly affirmed the state鈥檚 election results, including the victory of President-elect Joe Biden, whose lead in the historically red state prompted a barrage of attacks from President Trump and other Georgia Republicans on the integrity of the election in the state.

Georgia鈥檚 Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, who has forcefully rejected criticisms of the election process by fellow Republicans, on Friday officially certified the results of the general election. The result included Biden鈥檚 12,284-vote lead that was confirmed through a hand recount of 5聽million presidential ballots.

After largely staying on the sidelines in the GOP feud, Republican Gov. Brian Kemp said on Friday that he would follow state law, which requires him to accept the secretary of state鈥檚 certified results by 5聽p.m. Saturday. On Friday, his office confirmed that he had formally certified the results

Michigan lawmakers who met with Trump appear to undercut his efforts to overturn election

Members of the Michigan state legislature's Republican leadership who met withPresident Donald Trumpat the White House Friday afternoon said they haven't seen any evidence that would change the fact that President-elect Joe Biden won their state.

It was a blow to Trump, who had invited the lawmakers to the White House this week, as he seeks to subvert the will of voters in a long-shot effort to overturn the results of an election he lost. The President's efforts to pressure local leaders, which earned sharp criticism even from some Republicans, come as his legal team's options to challenge election results in states he lost are rapidly evaporating and as states move to certify their election results.
The GOP lawmakers who met with Trump on Friday committed to letting that certification process play out and undercut thefalse claims of nationwide voter fraudthat Trump and his allies have continued to peddle.
"As legislative leaders, we will follow the law and follow the normal process regarding Michigan's electors, just as we have said throughout this election," Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey and Michigan House Speaker Lee Chatfield said in a joint statement after the meeting.
"Michigan's certification process should be a deliberate process free from threats and intimidation," the lawmakers said in their statement. "Allegations of fraudulent behavior should be taken seriously, thoroughly investigated, and if proven, prosecuted to the full extent of the law. And the candidates who win the most votes win elections and Michigan's electoral votes. These are simple truths that should provide confidence in our elections."

Supreme Court rules 'faithless electors' can't go rogue at Electoral College

The 538 people who cast the actual votes for president in December as part of the Electoral College are not free agents and must vote as the laws of their states direct, the Supreme Court ruled Monday.

The unanimous decision in the"faithless elector" casewas a defeat for advocates of changing the Electoral College, who hoped a win would force a shift in the method of electing presidents toward a nationwide popular vote. But it was a win for state election officials who feared that empoweringrogue electors would cause chaos.

Writing for the court, Justice Elena Kagan said the Constitution gives states far-reaching authority over choosing presidential electors. That includes the power to set conditions on an elector's appointment, "that is to say, what the elector must do for the appointment to take effect."

What's more, she wrote, "nothing in the Constitution expressly prohibits states from taking away president electors' voting discretion." The ruling aligns with "the trust of a nation that here, We the People rule," Kagan said.

I wonder what the Framers would make of Trump's behaviour.

Raffensperger must have come under tremendous pressure from the WH not to certify. His bravery to carry out the will of the people of Georgia should not be underestimated and all Georgians, regardless of party affiliation should be grateful.

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

I wonder what the Framers would make of Trump's behaviour.

Raffensperger must have come under tremendous pressure from the WH not to certify. His bravery to carry out the will of the people of Georgia should not be underestimated and all Georgians, regardless of party affiliation should be grateful.

You just know he's gonna get death threats from the MAGAts (if he hasn't already - I know many officials already have).

BTW, a gentle reminder:

whatabout_a_history.png.bd91b2fedfc0f426

to be fair, as with many tactics used in the (ongoing, IMO) Cold War, the US did not take long to follow suit (if indeed they weren't already on the ball before even entering WWII).聽 Everyone heard about the lines for toilet paper in Russia.聽 Both sides tried/try to make the other side look like an unlivable hellhole, and of course, the US famously and tirelessly ran their own propaganda campaigns against their enemies in order to sell the war to citizens stateside.聽 Especially against the Japanese.聽聽

Just saying that Russia/USSR hardly had a monopoly on propaganda and I think it's not in the interest of Truth and Enlightenment聽:lol:聽to make it seem otherwise.

So, did I just do a whatabout?聽 I guess so.聽 But I left the US in the first place because I was unhappy with its actions on the global stage, so anything else isn't to be expected from a malcontent like myself.聽 However, I think it's part and parcel of the ongoing Cold War.聽 Even today, each "side" is trying to make the other "side" seem like the bad guys, no one wants to move on together in peace.聽 I am not a fan of this.

'Campaigning' in politics is almost all whataboutism in some countries - maybe they have no policies to speak of and can only chuck monkey poo around聽:mellow:

From the above video:

"A delusion is a fixed false belief. Despite evidence that goes against what you believe, you still believe it. Delusions can be a part of other psychotic experiences like mania, depression and substance intoxication or withdrawal.

[...]

The main criteria for delusional disorder is that you have a delusion that lasts at least one month.

There are certain personality disorders where people can experience very short-term psychotic experiences that last minutes to hours. You can see this with paranoid personality disorder and borderline personality disorder. But those very short, transient psychotic experiences would not be considered a delusional disorder."

The corruption in this election聽 was not only so bad but so incompetently executed, that they will have to call a new election in 3 months, together with a financial reset GESARA. This was passed the day before the election:

5fb92023e9f35_5aacbbd8ac2521.jpg.aa448cf

See you in the White House January 21st, bitches!

trumpecheese.jpg.a473acae126cde77e6f0285