The 2020 US Presidential candidates

989 posts in this topic

And we have the Bloomberg effect still waiting to appear.

could be a game changer, spoiler, or flash in the pan.

On 2/9/2020, 6:12:10, AlexTr said:

Again with the no facts comes @balticus.

Here are the researched and verified facts.

You really never learn.

Nice strawperson.   I never claimed Buttigieg was behind it.    Look at the donors instead.   You have posted irrelevancies. 

Here is another article from fraufruit's favorite news source:

Documents reveal DNC was 'intimately involved' in development of troubled Iowa caucus app

https://news.yahoo.com/shadow-inc-idp-contract-dnc-documents-224407455.html

You never learn.   :rolleyes:

Democratic presidential hopefuls Amy Klobuchar and Tom Steyer were stumped when asked during a televised interview in Nevada to name the Mexican president.

Klobuchar, Steyer and fellow 2020 candidate Pete Buttigieg were asked during one-on-one interviews with the Spanish-language station Telemundo on Thursday night if they knew the name of the president whose country borders the U.S. It is Andrés Manuel López Obrador, who took office in December 2018.

Klobuchar, a three-term senator from Minnesota, responded, “No.”

Steyer, a billionaire businessman, replied, “I forgot.”

Buttigieg, the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, was the only one of the three who knew the answer. “Lopez Obrador, I hope,” he said with a smile.

Bernie certainly avoided answering any difficult questions at his town hall meeting...

Not necessarily a big fan, but Warren came out with both barrels at the debate.

18 hours ago, tor said:

Not necessarily a big fan, but Warren came out with both barrels at the debate.

Her attacks on Bloomberg sounded tough to anyone listening on the radio.   On the video highlights, she never looked him in the eye.   If she wants the top spot, and she wants to convince voters that she will go toe to toe with Putin and Xi, she will need to look not only confident, but fearless.   

Mini Mike got hammered. I think he is a Trump plant. None of them stand a chance in hell. They (the left) were even joḱing about Hilary running as VP that she will Arkancide him to be president. 

No way will they allow Bernie to run a second time. The truth about Seth Rich via Julian Assange is going to come out.

Bad news for Trumpy. New poll shows Trump faltering in two "blue wall" states he carried in 2016

A Quinnipiac poll released Thursday found all top Democratic candidates leading Mr. Trump in Pennsylvania and Michigan. He trails Joe Biden, Amy Klobuchar and Michael Bloomberg by 6 to 8 percentage points in Pennsylvania, and Bernie Sanders tops Mr. Trump by 5 percentage points in Michigan.

On 2/19/2020, 11:42:07, BethAnnBitt said:

Does anyone know about this?  Have you voted this way before?  Thanks for your insights.

https://www.democratsabroad.org/2020primary

Yes, I am now a member of this organization. I had not declared a party affiliation since I left the GOP during the Gingrich era. His sleaziness sealed the deal for me. Now, I am a registered Democrat.

The organization is fairly well run. We do have our own delegates at the convention so it is worthwhile voting in the primary.

You do have to have your passport and register yourself as a Democrat. For some people, this creates too much of a record, but I am unbothered.

Bernie's poll numbers explained in part.

U.S. officials have told Sen. Bernie Sanders’ campaign that Russian intelligence agents are trying to help the candidate and to meddle in the Democratic presidential contest, The Washington Post reported on Friday.

Sanders released a statement that does not challenge the premise of the Post’s story.

“Let’s be clear, the Russians want to undermine American democracy by dividing us up and, unlike the current president, I stand firmly against their efforts, and any other foreign power that wants to interfere in our election,” Sanders said in the statement.

Sanders made a similar statement in February 2018 after indictments brought by special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation revealed that agents of the Russian GRU intelligence services had also acted on Sanders’ behalf in his bid to be the Democratic candidate in 2016.

Speaking to reporters in Nevada today, Sanders confirmed there was an intelligence briefing with his campaign, saying it took place “a month ago.”

The very existence and constant media references to the myriad of polls creates its own confusion.  One is always left to wonder if one is backing the right horse.  Now add the Russian meddling in the mix and 🤦‍♀️.  I'm not on FB, but I imagine all manner of incorrect info is being thrown around.  None of these situations can have a good effect on voter turnout.  😏

1 hour ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Now add the Russian meddling in the mix and 🤦‍♀️.  I'm not on FB, but I imagine all manner of incorrect info is being thrown around.  None of these situations can have a good effect on voter turnout.  😏

You're here, a good place to get your fake news fix.

*cough* "Estonians"..*cough*

[/sarcasm]

1 hour ago, BethAnnBitt said:

The very existence and constant media references to the myriad of polls creates its own confusion.  One is always left to wonder if one is backing the right horse.  

Why not vote based on 

- policy proposals

- ability to get those policies implemented

- ability to win against Trump

- tendency to push delegates to a favorable candidate if not the top candidate

- vision

If the field is limited to Sanders, Biden, Warren, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, and Bloomberg, there are six candidates with a lot of variation giving voters many choices.

"2016 again? Russia back to stirring chaos in U.S. election"

WASHINGTON (AP) — Just weeks into this year’s election cycle, Russia already is actively interfering in the U.S. presidential campaign in hopes of reelecting President Donald Trump, and is also trying to help the candidacy of Sen. Bernie Sanders on the Democratic side, intelligence officials have concluded.

The Russian efforts are aimed at undermining public confidence in the integrity of U.S. elections and stirring general chaos in American politics, intelligence experts say.

Lawmakers were told in a classified briefing last week that Russia is taking steps that would help Trump, according to officials familiar with the briefing. And Sanders acknowledged Friday that he was briefed l ast month by U.S. officials about Russian efforts to boost his candidacy.

The revelations demonstrate that the specter of foreign interference in the 2020 presidential election will almost certainly be a cloud over the campaign, and possibly even the final results if the contest is close. Democrats have consistently criticized Trump for not doing more to deter the Russians and others, and now they have fresh evidence to support their concerns.

1 minute ago, Janx Spirit said:

"2016 again? Russia back to stirring chaos in U.S. election"

Russia is trying to delegitimize fair and free elections around the globe to quell the mounting wave of opposition to Putin's autocracy in Russia. Until we have a leader in the White House and vote out the secretly pro-Russia contingent in Congress, we will not be in a position to combine with allies to shut down his nonsense.