Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The 2020 US Presidential candidates

21 posts in this topic

I'll get the ball rolling with:

Oh, it's pronounced budda jze jszh..

He presents himself very well.   It will be interesting to see who advises him on the economy and foreign policy. 

AFAIK, Buttigieg and Booker are the only left-handed candidates. 

This is not an endorsement of Bill Maher or any other content on that show or network.  

I saw his campaign manager on TV yesterday. She is very seasoned and is pushing him to get out there everywhere. As Maher said, nobody even knew who he was some weeks ago. So far, I like him. I haven't begun to do my homework on which candidate I like the best but at least we have a field of people to choose from who don't feel like "anybody but Trump". Discussions with friends, etc. have begun in earnest this week.

I thought Maher was kind of a jerk in that interview.

Looks like someone is trying to take down Pappa Biden. I think he'll come though it ok though.

I think Biden's day has passed, ditto Clinton's.  The Dems need younger, fresher blood.  A Latino would be a good choice, and some mixture for POTUS and VP of woman / person of color / gay might do the trick.  Or maybe just play it safe with a pair of middle-aged white guys, but both close to fifty years old, to point out the seriousness of Trump's senile-sounding rants and to emphasize the fact that Trump's old. If young George P. Bush (half-Colombian) doesn't challenge Trump in 2020, he'll definitely run in 2024 and I probably won't be around to remind you that I told you so. He'll be a popular GOP candidate with crossover potential, even if he did endorse Trump in 2016 after wavering with graceful hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, tor said:

I thought Maher was kind of a jerk in that interview.

Maher has always been a bit of a jerk. That’s what people like about him - and what got him fired from polically correct back in the early 2000’s. 

Your greatest strength is also often your biggest weakness. 

From Snopes

Former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden has been the subject of multiple social media-circulated images that seemingly capture him behaving inappropriately towards people, typically in interactions with women and in otherwise innocuous photographs that have been misleadingly manipulated.

Another image of this ilk posted to Facebook in February 2019 seemed to show Biden with his hand clasped over a young boy’s mouth, accompanied by text reading: “Countless discomforting photos of @JoeBiden have surfaced but nothing disturbs me more than this one. This is a man who thinks he is running for president in 2020? Pls retweet and spread the awareness for people to look into him. #QAnon #TheStorm #FollowTheWhiteRabbit”:

Although the photograph is real, there’s nothing “discomforting” about it. The picture (which was cropped substantially in the version seen above) was snapped by Associated Press (AP) photographer Patrick Semansky at the June 2015 funeral of Beau Biden, Joe Biden’s eldest son, and it captured the then-vice president comforting his grandson, Hunter, amidst a group of mourners.

The original caption describing the photograph read: “Vice President Joe Biden embraces his grandson Hunter before funeral services for Hunter’s father, former Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, Saturday, June 6, 2015, at St. Anthony of Padua Roman Catholic Church in Wilmington, Del. Biden, the eldest son of the vice president, died of brain cancer May 30 at age 46.”

Other photographs taken by the same photographer at the funeral show Biden kissing the top of his granddaughter’s head and walking with his widowed daughter-in-law, her children, and his own wife.

The original photograph, cropped and taken out of context as it was here, might make it appear that Joe Biden was acting “discomfortingly”(or “discomfitingly”) towards a child — seemingly clamping the boy’s mouth shut while quietly intoning something menacing in his ear. But the full photograph and context clearly reveals that Biden was merely acting kindly towards a bereaved young relative who had just lost his father to cancer.

FF - The Zuckerberg photo is obviously fake but captures Bidenism's essence.  However the second one with Ash Carter's wife is real and according to her is "misleading" but hilarious nonetheless (I guess when you're married to somebody as boring as Ash Carter, you'll take Joe Biden's creepy kisses).  Your Snopes link is misleading however because none of the two photos above is covered (you have to be a complete dolt to attempt and disprove the first one which is obviously fake).

Joe Biden - A macho alpha tries to act like a cuck in order to gain votes.  LOL

Joe Biden voted for: 

• NAFTA 

• Iraq War 

• Patriot Act 

• China PNTR 

• Welfare reform 

• Bankruptcy reform 

• Bailing out Wall Street 

• Defense of Marriage Act 

• Repealing Glass-Steagall 

• '96 Telecommunications Act 

Bernie voted against all of these. 

The stark differences in voting records between Biden and Sanders should make the 2020 primary season a real face ripper.  

I wasn't aware that there are only 2 geezer Democrat candidates running. Did all the others drop out of the race?

Apparently there are 20 of them. Some of them seem to think it gives them immunity from prosecution. 

The Iran deal was never officially ratified. The party of JFK has utterly vanished. 

On 5/11/2019, 12:59:58, fraufruit said:

I wasn't aware that there are only 2 geezer Democrat candidates running. Did all the others drop out of the race?

Well, if a woman can be a geezer, Warren is 70.

I expect a shitstorm of tweets from Trump on the subject of Warren.  She just isn't his type.