Car drivers bully bicycles in bike path?

50 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2019, 8:52:32, lisa13 said:

that's interesting.  I remember a study a while back wherein they discovered that drivers also behaved more aggressively towards riders wearing helmets.

I wear black with no helmet.  So far I have had the least problems with cars when on my bike.

Getting back to the subject of this thread, somewhat. I found the comment on the study really interesting. I am a frequent cyclist for most of my travel in the city of Munich but I have to admit I do not regularly use a helmet, part of the reason being that there is something alien, aggressive and nerdy about them all at the time:unsure:. Maybe that the reason for those cyclist wearing them becoming a target. Strange cause that is not the feeling I have for motor cyclist in helmets.;)

I doesn't matter. They just don't want their nerdy heads to crack open when/if they hit the pavement. There is not always a car involved in bike accidents.

On 4/1/2019, 9:26:59, MikeMelga said:

Maybe Lisbon, surely not in the north.

On 3/31/2019, 12:07:29, MikeMelga said:

Funny, I see also bullying from bicycle drivers to pedestrians. They also they they are always "right" just because they are on their lane.

I've seen it happening several times. First time I saw it, I though, "oh shit, they are going into a nasty fight". But no, people here are like barking dogs: lots of noise, no action!

Just like in portugal:P

On 4/1/2019, 9:26:59, MikeMelga said:

Maybe Lisbon, surely not in the north.

On 3/31/2019, 12:07:29, MikeMelga said:

Funny, I see also bullying from bicycle drivers to pedestrians. They also they they are always "right" just because they are on their lane.

I've seen it happening several times. First time I saw it, I though, "oh shit, they are going into a nasty fight". But no, people here are like barking dogs: lots of noise, no action!

Just like in portugal:P

Same old excuse.The north is the most corrupt and conservative part of the country.You even have a certain pope.But im not hoing to talk about a place i despise

1 hour ago, Some guy who dated Joana said:

Same old excuse.The north is the most corrupt and conservative part of the country.You even have a certain pope.But im not hoing to talk about a place i despise

please take your portuguese pissing contest elsewhere

seriously, it makes your penis look really small.

People are people, whether they're on bikes, in cars, or just walking around.

I have posted before about people walking in the streets, seemingly unconcerned that other people are using the same pavements (sidewalks for you Americans).

This mentality doesn't change. ME first, and fuck you jack.

16 hours ago, Acton said:

People are people, whether they're on bikes, in cars, or just walking around.

True enough but the consequences  of an accident between a car and a bicycle are likely to be much more serious for the cyclist (with or without a nerdy helmet) than one between a bicycle and a pedestrian. Car and truck drivers should take great care not to be aggressive and cyclists should ride very defensively for their own safety.

On 3/30/2019, 4:16:03, Pesar said:

I guess it depends on the city you live.

In Heidelberg, I never experienced this kind of things. On the contrary I feel drivers are rather polite.

There is a street near where I lived before. There is a very narrow part, about 15-20m in length, because there is a train stop. I think when I bike very close to right, a car can pass me by. But I noticed that all drivers just follow behind me and pass me by after I biked through the narrow part.

Only less than a quarter of bikers in this city wear helmet.