Queries on Visa Validity/Expiry for Family living Outside Germany.

3 posts in this topic

We have a query in regards to validity of the visa. We have exited hamburg last year June 2018 and followed by my daughter/wife came to US to join me in July 2018.My Visa validity is until Oct 2019, My Daughter Visa Validity is until Oct 2021 (Both are resident permit). My Wife who has a Niederlassungserlaubnis traveled couple of time to Germany post our move to US (which is after July 2018). Our Social Security/Bank Accounts were still active and we are checking the possibilities to come back to Hamburg. Or atleast visit Hamburg.

Query here is,
a. Myself & MyDaughter were outside of Germany more than 6 months and still have a visa validity... Is it possible to travel with the same residence card or it will be cancelled?

b. If it is cancelled, do we need to re-apply a fresh family reunion visa in current country, i see this process is lenghtier and cumbersome. Is there any waiver we can get basis on our stay in Germany/Hamburg for more than 5 yrs & 6 months.

Any expert advise would help. 

8 hours ago, balkrish81 said:
We have a query in regards to validity of the visa. We have exited hamburg last year June 2018 and followed by my daughter/wife came to US to join me in July 2018.My Visa validity is until Oct 2019, My Daughter Visa Validity is until Oct 2021 (Both are resident permit). My Wife who has a Niederlassungserlaubnis traveled couple of time to Germany post our move to US (which is after July 2018). Our Social Security/Bank Accounts were still active and we are checking the possibilities to come back to Hamburg. Or atleast visit Hamburg.

Query here is,
a. Myself & MyDaughter were outside of Germany more than 6 months and still have a visa validity... Is it possible to travel with the same residence card or it will be cancelled?

b. If it is cancelled, do we need to re-apply a fresh family reunion visa in current country, i see this process is lenghtier and cumbersome. Is there any waiver we can get basis on our stay in Germany/Hamburg for more than 5 yrs & 6 months.

Any expert advise would help. 

Normally, if you stayed OOC for more than 6 months, not married to a German national, your permit is no longer valid, however there is a there is a thread where a woman discussed how she managed to get in after being OOC for over 6 months, using the same residence permit. It was highly discouraged though. Read the thread. 

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/295768-leaving-germany-for-6-months-or-more/?do=findComment&comment=3045350

This info from muencen.de might also be helpful:

https://www.muenchen.de/rathaus/home_en/Department-of-Public-Order/Foreigners-Office/Expiry-of-residence-permit.html

15 hours ago, balkrish81 said:

If it is cancelled, do we need to re-apply a fresh family reunion visa in current country,

Are you a US citizen? If so, you can enter without a visa for up to 90 days and apply from within Germany.