Buy Items with Financing with Neiderlassungserlaubnis from IKEA, Cyberport, Saturn, Media Market, etc

5 posts in this topic

Hi Berliners,

I'm waiting for my Neiderlassungserlaubnis at this moment. I would like to know,

is it possible to buy Items from IKEA, Cyberport, Saturn, Media Markt, etc with financing (0% payment plan) when I receive my Neiderlassungserlaubnis ?

I tried to buy some items from Media Markt and the request was rejected and I ask from IKEA and they said no because I was in Blue Card.

(Although the duration of the loan is much smaller than my visa period. Basically, I had 2 years visa at that time, and I wanted to buy with 6 months installments.)

Will it be possible to buy stuff from the above shops when I receive my Neiderlassungserlaubnis?

(I have a stable job and get paid moderately)

Thank you.

Yeah, I got a €3000 laptop on credit and my permit was expiring later that year. I think they consider the amount of time they have you documented on your Schufa record.

You might want to be advised that the Berlin office for immigration is seriously understaffed at the moment. I applied for my NE back in September 2018 and I'm STILL waiting on an appointment, even though they have confirmed that they have my application.

</antisocial>

The only time I’ve been turned down for credit here is when I first arrived. They never mentioned anything about the length of my visa. Atm I only have a year long visa and just took out a loan to buy a car. The bank didn’t even ask to look at my visa, but I’ve been in Germany for 9 years and have been establishing credit the whole time. 

Are you relatively new in Germany?

2 hours ago, Santitas said:

The only time I’ve been turned down for credit here is when I first arrived. They never mentioned anything about the length of my visa. Atm I only have a year long visa and just took out a loan to buy a car. The bank didn’t even ask to look at my visa, but I’ve been in Germany for 9 years and have been establishing credit the whole time. 

Are you relatively new in Germany?

Thank you for your reply.

I'm new to Berlin I came in May 2016. I was able to get a loan from Commerzbank.

But I had problems with MediaMarkt. Even In IKEA, the person in the reception desk directly told me that it is not possible since my visa is limited.

I thought to have 

will give me an advantage.

Hmm, interesting. I had no problems with IKEA or Höffner, so perhaps it really is linked to how long you’ve been here in Germany.