Tax declaration help: meal costs for expats

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone,


I have moved in 2018 to Germany as an expat and the first 8 months(January-August) I was working in Germany, paying taxes in Germany but my contract was Swiss and was receiving money from Switzerland. The remaining of the year (September until now) I had a german contract.

Now I have heard that I might be able to get 90 days of meals as tax return (Verpflegungsmehraufwand) because I moved countries and had international contract but am not sure if it applies in my case or not.


Anyone had the same situation or knows of this? 



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now