International shipping item (Paprika)

52 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

Ok, finally update on DHL. It says the item is picked up from custom.

I interpreted it as DHL delivery picked up the item, and either they will deliver it to me or Zollamt.

It was in Frankfurt airport/custom 22 March - 3 April, almost two weeks. Unbelievable.

I thought Germans are efficient. What happened this time?

They are indeed efficient that’s why they want to be thorough in checking what’s coming in to their country. That’s how I see it as in my opinion, there is no point of keeping a parcel just because they have no time to work on clearing it. I might be wrong though. 🙃

Smurf- there are so many drugs smuggled in by powder, inside lotions etc- the checking process can take some time.

Have you not watched  "Achtung Kontrolle"!!!^_^

Keep in mind that if DHL does deliver it, it means they took care of any customs fees and will pass that on to you along with their own fee for having done so. At least that is my experience with UPS on that. 

Ok, finally, the parcel arrived. My sister sent it out on Wed. 20 March, and attempted delivery yesterday, and delivered today. So it took 2 weeks and 1 day for their first attempt to deliver.

DHL delivered to me this morning, and did not charge me for clearance from custom.

I must say that the delivery companies EMS in Korea, and DHL in Germany were very fast, but the parcel was in Custom for more than 10 days.

I took close look at the parcel. The parcel didn't look like opened in custom, because my sister taped very thoroughly the brown paper box. If it is opened and taped again, I should be able to see cut tape or torn off brown layer in the taped part. I did not see any such trace. But the strange thing is that inside of the box is a bit messy as if someone opened it. My sister sent me parcels twice a year. Inside was always very neat.

The lotion is not leaking at least, and the paprika bag is not open, in the least.

Anyway, it is good, the parcel is not lost.

Just curious, does custom just scan through import parcels with x-rays, or do they really open each parcel?

The parcel is about 8cmx20cmx40cm, just very regular gift box.

4 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

Anyway, it is good, the parcel is not lost.

Or in other words:

Once again a lot of SmurfLee drama because of absolutely nothing. As always in your threads. You must be really bored ... 

4 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

Just curious, does custom just scan through import parcels with x-rays, or do they really open each parcel?

No, they don't open every package but some. Customs also use X-ray equipment and sniffer dogs.  

21 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

Once again a lot of SmurfLee drama because of absolutely nothing. As always in your threads. You must be really bored ... 

No, I am not bothered.

But I am very strict kind, perfectionist kind, and do not like unexpected things. If things like that happens, I get in panic easily.

Just imagine, if they have to open the parcel and open the sealing of the lotion to take sample to do chemical test. It is very expensive item, and I consider it as very personal item, do not like it to be touch in such way.

And no one would feel happy to receive something that you will eat that comes as open package.

21 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

No, they don't open every package but some. Customs also use X-ray equipment and sniffer dogs.  

I think if they opened it, the new tape has their custom print. In other words, if it was ever opened at custom, the box has tape that is unique and can be recognized easily. I do not see any such tape. So I think they didn't even open the parcel.

Just took 10 days to go through x-rays.

The reason for the long time at the customs surely was that your parcel was in a line with 1000 other parcels full of "herbs".

google "bath salt smoke"

1 minute ago, SmurfLee said:

No, I am not bothered.

I said bored, not bothered,

But I am kind of very strict kind, perfectionist kind, and do not like unexpected things. If things like that happens, I get in panic easily.

Then maybe you need professional help coping with your panic. But you don't get this help from Customs, DHL or any other people you get on their nerves, with calls and subsequent e-mails because you dialed the wrong number and similar time-wasting actions...

Just imagine, if they have to open the parcel and open the sealing of the lotion to take sample to do chemical test. It is very expensive item, and I consider it as very personal item, do not like to be touch in such way.

Then don't get that stuff sent to you - there are customs borders and customs controls in the world and whether you like it or not doesn't matter at all. 

Just took 10 days to go through x-rays.

Even if you can't imagine it, not only the one SmurfLee package arrives there, but thousands or tens of thousands of shipments. The world doesn't revolve around you and your often very strange ideas. 

1 hour ago, someonesdaughter said:

I said bored, not bothered,

It was typo. I meant I am not bored.

See each of my post is quite serious.

May be it is nothing to others, or no big deal, but it is quite big deal to me. I like spicy food, and paprika here is not spicy enough, and I was waiting for my sister's parcel.

Then maybe you need professional help coping with your panic. But you don't get this help from Customs, DHL or any other people you get on their nerves, with calls and subsequent e-mails because you dialed the wrong number and similar time-wasting actions...

Thanks for your advice.

People mean slightly different meanings with same words. Some people tend to use big words. The panic I meant is not the level of panic that need professional help. Just something that bothered me, and would like to ask people if they had similar experience to explain to me what was going on with my parcel etc.

Then don't get that stuff sent to you - there are customs borders and customs controls in the world and whether you like it or not doesn't matter at all. 

Since my sister sent to me twice or more a year, and had never had problems, arrived within a week, I did not expect the thing that happened this time.

Even if you can't imagine it, not only the one SmurfLee package arrives there, but thousands or tens of thousands of shipments. The world doesn't revolve around you and your often very strange ideas. 

True. With the same millions of packages, for the past 4 years, it alwasy arrived in a weeks, less than a week.

Now I have spent good 3 min to reply you, and I am wondering why I am doing this.

You might have hobby to reply some posts that are waste of your time, but in fact, I am very busy person. Quite distracted by calling DHL during work hours, and have to work on Sat. tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

Now I have spent good 3 min to reply you

Good for whom?

21 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

Good for whom?

I guess for myself.

There was something that was not straight, and I had to straighten it.

Now I changed my mind set, and whatever she says who cares. If she enjoys posting let her do as much as she wants. When I have time, I may read, and laugh off.

31 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

Now I have spent good 3 min to reply you,

No, you wasted 3 minutes - I was wasting half a minute by skimming your text. Now I'm wasting another minute answering you. 

31 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

and I am wondering why I am doing this.

Then ask yourself why you're wasting so much time on your artificial dramas. It's not healthy. 

5 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

Then ask yourself why you're wasting so much time on your artificial dramas. It's not healthy. 

So by your logic, it is healthy to waste half minute for artificial drama, but not healthy to waste 3 min for artificial drama.

I realize that it is not all pet peeve or so, but in a way you are entertaining me with your IQ  :)

Thank you, and have nice weekend  :)

7 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

I guess for myself.

There was something that was not straight, and I had to straighten it.

2 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

So by your logic, it is healthy to waste half minute for artificial drama, but not healthy to waste 3 min for artificial drama.

So far I had assumed in your favor that you could actually expect answers. But obviously you're writing all this nonsense just for yourself.

It follows that you are either a troll or in urgent need of professional help. You know what to do. Good luck.

10 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

does custom just scan through import parcels with x-rays, or do they really open each parcel?

Hooray, you didn't start a new thread for this question..

8 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

My local Asian shop sells Korean paprika for making Kimchi, etc.  Just saying.  

Do you have an address? That would  be super.

Heidelberg is a bit of a trek though but got it at Tiger and Dragon here.  But lots of Korean stuff available in Germany.  Google Korean shops in Germany for something more local.    Gochugaru was the name of the stuff I got.