Medical use of Green tea

18 posts in this topic

I fall every once in a while, and usually a piece of skin is torn off on my knee.

This happened again last Sat.

Yesterday, I spilled green tea from a tea bag on the hurt place, and I feel much better today.

Two reasons, I think:

(1) It keeps the hurt place very dry, and bacteria cannot multiply.

(2) There must be some component in green tea that helps healing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

I fall every once in a while, and usually a piece of skin is torn off on my knee.

This happened again last Sat.

Yesterday, I spilled green tea from a tea bag on the hurt place, and I feel much better today.

Two reasons, I think:

(1) It keeps the hurt place very dry, and bacteria cannot multiply.

(2) There must be some component in green tea that helps healing.

Green tea is diuretic, so it will make you pee more frequently. Perhaps when you pee, you spray around a bit and your pee end up on your knee, and maybe that could have an effect! I would suggest opening a new thread to investigate this effect!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to mix green tea with vinegar and use it as a toner - maybe that would work even better on your scrape

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

I like to mix green tea with vinegar and use it as a toner - maybe that would work even better on your scrape

 

Ouch.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that MikeMelga was suggesting to drink the green tea and then piss on the knee. This might work if there weren't a few body organs processing and filtering what we drink before it comes out of the other end. Would also be a cheap way to get drunk if it would work.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to give blood then have a few pints...less than the average amount.  Completely blootered after two or three.  Another way to get drunk on the cheap! :lol:

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tobacco and honey are know to be good for wounds. Wouldn't be surprised if green tea is too. Loaded with anti oxidants,

But aloe vera is the best. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

Tobacco and honey are know to be good for wounds. Wouldn't be surprised if green tea is too. Loaded with anti oxidants,

But aloe vera is the best. 

Thank you!

Finally someone is speaking sense.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

Tobacco and honey are know to be good for wounds. Wouldn't be surprised if green tea is too. Loaded with anti oxidants,

But aloe vera is the best. 

 

A wet chamomile tea bag also helps on wounds. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

Tobacco and honey are know to be good for wounds. Wouldn't be surprised if green tea is too. Loaded with anti oxidants,

But aloe vera is the best. 

 

I tried honey last year, and to me it didn't help.

I will buy aloe this weekend. It is good idea to keep aloe plant at home, medical use and probably for skin care. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Perhaps when you pee, you spray around a bit and your pee end up on your knee, and maybe that could have an effect!

Tipp of the day: When you have a fall regularly and hurt your knees, you should wear these while peeing to prevent getting pee into the wound.

 

They are called Pee-schoner and are available in all DIY shops.

Knieschoner.jpg.306854dc00f3d6bd62d5cfaa

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, franklan said:

Tipp of the day: When you have a fall regularly and hurt your knees, you should wear these while peeing to prevent getting pee into the wound.

 

They are called Pee-schoner and are available in all DIY shops.

 

Reminds me of the time when I was still pretty new in Germany and barely spoke German, let alone all the various slang. I was at a sausage stand at a Christmas market with a friend and had asked 'so, uh, what do I say again?', and he tells me how to politely ask for a Fleischpeitsche. The stout and dour grey-haired lady behind the stand was not amused, but my friend sure was!

 

RE: poultices. Old concept, but unless you're roughing it on your off-grid homestead, any modern medicine will work better. Honey, tea bags, urine (boiled cow urine used to be a medieval bathwater of choice), fresh aloe, super glue, etc. etc. are all generally better than nothing, but polysporin and a bandaid should probably be your first choice.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

 

I tried honey last year, and to me it didn't help.

I will buy aloe this weekend. It is good idea to keep aloe plant at home, medical use and probably for skin care. 

 

You should also not underestimate the power of fresh air on healing wounds. 

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

or just leave it alone?

 

I had surgery in January and the advice was exactly that for the incisions:  leave it alone.  shower but don't wash it specifically, especially not with soap, carefully pat it dry after showering, don't put anything on it in terms of creams or ointments, cover with a bandage if you must (eg clothes are rubbing/irritating it), otherwise leave it uncovered. 

 

I had two skin grafts on my ankle after an accident a while back, and the advice was the same as soon as the bandage came off a couple days after surgery: just leave it alone.

 

a scab is all the help a wound needs to heal.  pfaffing around with it is more likely to damage the scab, which will just delay healing.  keep an eye out for signs of infection, otherwise trust your body to actually know how to repair itself.  It does a pretty good job without interference in when infection is ruled out.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now