BREXIT - Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU

55 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Oh creature of near sight!

Do yourself a favor, go visit South Korea or China. If Europe does not stand together, we are S.C.R.E.W.E.D.!

Democracy is an illusion of people's power. The average Joe is IQ limited and does not have the brains to understand what Brexit means. That is why the referendum was actually anti-democratic! Putting ignorant people deciding on an economic and geo political decision is stupid. They ELECT people for that.

You must be talking about portugal:D

4 minutes ago, Some guy who dated Joana said:

In germany one still has to queue to hand in his taxes. 

BS. In Germany, anyone can submit their tax declaration electronically; the self-employed must do so. 

6 minutes ago, Some guy who dated Joana said:

In germany one still has to queue to hand in his taxes. Most countries do it online.I like germany but although it looks modern from the outside it still os backward in some key areas like womens income.Brussels is highly dsfunctional.I know a belgian guy who left it for that reason

Not Portugal! Try Greece!!!:P

I´ve been here for five years and even tax is cash only via the tax  accountant!!!! (Slightly exaggerating but not by much!! ):lol:

NOT BY MUCH!!!!!!!

30 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

So Italy and Germany created Brexit? COMON! Bullshit!

Are you saying the decision to flood Europe with mass migration had nothing to do with Brexit and populism?

The Uk supported the entry of esstern european countries because it will just increase the shambles just like in the UN.Now they pretend to have a united front but wait till brexit has been handled

4 hours ago, Some guy who dated Joana said:

You must be talking about portugal:D

At least we were not as stupid as the brits who voted out.

10 hours ago, Some guy who dated Joana said:

In germany one still has to queue to hand in his taxes

I wish it was like that. However, since I have a PV facility on the roof of my house and I´m selling the electricity generated I have to file electronically. Which is too complicated for me so I have to waste money on an accountant.

13 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

At least we were not as stupid as the brits who voted out.

More info here:

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/at-your-service/files/be-heard/eurobarometer/2018/eurobarometer-2018-democracy-on-the-move/top-results/en-one-year-before-2019-eurobarometer-results-annex.pdf

Page 37.

Portuguese who think that being part of EU is a good thing: 78%

Portuguese who think that being part of EU is a bad thing: 12%

Those 12% as basically the voters for the communist party, plus the right wing neo nazis, plus monarchists.

Today's NYT:

For Many British Businesses, Brexit Has Already Happened

Global banks and other financial services companies are steadily shifting thousands of jobs and more than $1 trillion in assets to European cities .

Japanese automakers have scrapped plans to expand in Britain, in part because Brexit undermines the country’s virtues as a hub for European trade.

Across Britain, business investment is expected to decline by 1 percent this year.

The European Medicines Agency, the bloc’s regulator for pharmaceuticals, recently abandoned its London headquarters for new offices in Amsterdam, a move prompted entirely by Brexit.    Investment in the industry is almost sure to follow.

More than 275 companies are in the process of moving or have already shifted business divisions, employees and legal entities from Britain to the Continent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/01/business/british-business-brexit.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Not sure how the brexiteers see this as good news or in their interest.

Well if the business has already left and the economy is going down  that will mean that after a Brexit on April 12 there won't be a too deep plounge after Brexit so ist clearly the fault of EU because quite obviously economy was going down while Britain still was in the EU. That's a no brainer. DISCLAIMER THIS IS A JOKE.

2 hours ago, Some guy who dated Joana said:

Melga you have the charm of a Porto tripe eating drunk who likes to fart at funerals🤣

idiota bloqueado!

On 01/04/2019, 23:10:21, catjones said:

Not sure how the brexiteers see this as good news or in their interest.

Im not a brexiteer, but Id imagine the logic goes thus:

We already have the disadvantages of brexit, so we may as well take the advantages, it makes no sense to wait to get all the disadvantages and then also keep the disadvantages of eu membership.

Or alternatively:

All these "terrible things" have happened, to be honest the uk still seems fine.  Project fear,

On 31/03/2019, 00:59:37, MikeMelga said:

UK was constantly vetoing bank supervision, which among other things lead to the 2008 crisis.

According to Daniel Hannan in his Oxford Uni address, the financial crisis was caused by too much supervision and regulation which stopped banks from quickly responding and so stopped them from mitigating the crisis :D:D

1 hour ago, Mackle said:

According to Daniel Hannan in his Oxford Uni address, the financial crisis was caused by too much supervision and regulation which stopped banks from quickly responding and so stopped them from mitigating the crisis :D:D

A true "truther"!