Hannover Hauptbahnhof

8 posts in this topic

Heard on the news yesterday about the upcoming chaos surrounding Hannover main station. Basically it is closed from 6th to 15th April. Apparantly the train I am taking to Berlin on the 11th now goes from Wunstorf or Lehrte. How the **** do I get to there? Deutsche Bahn are really taking the piss.

Appreciate your efforts but that is the wrong station, plus on the dates mentioned there are no S Bahn that depart Hannover Hbf. Bus 371 does not go from Hannover but from Sehnde.

Which train did you book? Can you not rebook on the Köln - Hannover - Berlin line which will still stop at Hannover HBF?

Otherwise there is the s-bahn shuttle which will connect Hannover HBF and Wunstorf and Lehrte during that time.

My original train I booked no longer exists. They just cancelled it without telling me. Booked another train at a different time and phoned up Deutsche Bahn yesterday evening to ask if the train did actually stop at the Hauptbahnhof. “Yes”, came the reply which turned out to be a lie.

Just read they are laying on a shuttle train to Lehrte Hbf. Now all I need to do is plan my return journey. ?

14 minutes ago, vronchen said:

Which train did you book? Can you not rebook on the Köln - Hannover - Berlin line which will still stop at Hannover HBF?

There won't be trains stopping at the HBF during that time, apart from the Lehrte line, since the main rail bridge is being worked on.

http://www.neuepresse.de/Hannover/Meine-Stadt/Hannover-Brueckensperrung-behindert-Bahnverkehr

You will catch a train/s-bahn to Lehrte as Vronchen says above, and then your train to Berlin.

If a huge bit of kit like a bridge needs worked on/replaced, they don't have much choice. That is pretty clear to all - particularly after the bridge failure in Genoa - massive infrastructure requires upkeep, and for your particular route, it is not that complicated. 

Really, it will be fine, nothing to worry about. Allow yourself plenty of extra time if you can - you won't be doing it on your own, there will be loads of you doing the same thing. 

Edit - sorry, my internet has been playing up and those two posts of yours above have appeared - glad you have a plan!