Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Electrician - what's the difference between those with and those without Meisterbrief?

3 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me what is the significance and difference between hiring an Electrician who has a "Meisterbetrieb" and one that doesn't ? I have been looking at quotes on MyHammer.de as well as local electricians and I see some mentioning "Meister" and others not. If I want somebody to install new electrical fuse box, circuit breakers, sockets, switches and cables (basically a full renovation), do I need to stick with Meister labeled electricians only? I have searched in German all over the web but it's not clear to me what is important to look out for. I don't want to hire someone who does the work and find out it is not given approval because it was not done by a Meister. 

For example, I see this description:

Qualifikationen und Mitgliedschaften
Mitglied der Handwerkskammer YYY (Betriebsnummer: xxxxx)
Gesellenbrief (Elektroniker/ in)
Zeugnsi: berufs- und arbeitspädagogische Qualifikation
Urkunde: Kaufmännischer Fachwirt (HWK)
Teilprüfungszeugnis vor dem zuständigen Meisterprüfungsausschuss: Elektrotechniker- Handwerk

I should probably ask about proof of certificates and insurance coverage before accepting an offer. Anything else I should be aware of? 

An electrician with a Meisterbrief will switch the electricity off before starting work and the one without....Eastern European hobbyworkers.

Check if the offers are Brutto or Netto and what the Anfahrtskosten, ie. travel costs are.