Gewerbeschein

3 posts in this topic

Hi, i have searched endlessly for an answer to this question, but to no avail.

Can someone tell me whether it is possible to work self-employed in two different fields, with the respective two different Gewerbescheins?

Or do Finanzamt and Ordungsamt get funny about that?

I am currently working self-employed as a massage therapist (for which i have my Gewerbeschein), however i would now like to top up my income with more side-line self-employed work as a cleaner. I realize i need a Gewerbeschein for this. Is it a matter of just applying for another at the Ordungsamt and filling in a new Steuererfassung?

Alternatively, could i just have both services put under one Gewerbeschein?

Thanks for any info and advice. 

yes you can establish as much Gewerbe/ selfemployment as you want

more income you show , more happy they will be because they will charge more tax

1 hour ago, dayfred said:

Can someone tell me whether it is possible to work self-employed in two different fields, with the respective two different Gewerbescheins?

You don't need, and probably couldn't get, two different Gewerbescheine.

1 hour ago, dayfred said:

Is it a matter of just applying for another at the Ordungsamt and filling in a new Steuererfassung?

You'd need to apply to have your Gewerbeschein rescinded and replaced and then file a new Steuererfassung accordingly.

Alternatively, could i just have both services put under one Gewerbeschein?

You need to be sure that all fields in which you may at some future time wish to provide services or trade in goods are included in your application for a Gewerbeschein otherwise you may find yourself encountering similarly troublesome admin issues repetetively.

That said you should also be aware that by including certain fields in your Gewerbeschein, (including the provision of industrial cleaning services), you may be obliged to join the IHK or a BG (Berufs Genossenschaft i.e. occupational injury insurance coop - obligatory for employers). That may not apply if you never employ others, although I'm not absolutely sure.

You still ought to review your current insurance coverage wrt additional risks to other peoples property though.

2B