Model release form for commercial use

4 posts in this topic

Hi! I'm looking for model release forms for photography. I'm going to be working with some people I know and doing some photography of them for commercial purposes in exchange for money/exposure/editing/etc. These people aren't models by profession nor are they working with any agencies, they're just your average Anna. The pictures will theoretically be used in social media of a brand, advertisement, the website itself. Commercial usage, in short. 

I'm no lawyer, but my German's good enough to read legal documents and such. Anyone got any idea where I can find a template of one of these documents? Or what exactly it would be called? I know the Fregabeerklärung wouldn't be enough in this situation and, unfortunately, I could not afford to pay a lawyer to draw one up for me. 

Any ideas?

Thanks y'all!

2 hours ago, dj_jay_smith said:

Whats wrong with google?

A quick search shows this:

https://www.pitopia.de/scripts/pitopia/info/info.php?subpage=modelrelease

I'm sure more examples are available.

You could also always post a question on https://photo.stackexchange.com/

Thanks for the link. The reason why I asked here, is because I wanted to hear people's personal experiences, not because I was too lazy to google. I'll try and compare that template against some other lawyer advice and see if it works for us.

5 minutes ago, Pelafio said:

The reason why I asked here, is because I wanted to hear people's personal experiences,

You said that in a rather incomprehensible way then: 

Anyone got any idea where I can find a template of one of these documents? 

The agreements on the use of photographs are also called in German 'model release', more rarely 'Modelvertrag' or 'Vertrag über die Nutzung von Fotoaufnahmen'.