Green, family friendly towns to live near Buchloe?

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. My husband has secured a job in Kempten, and I'm looking for green, family friendly towns to live in that still allow my 3yo daughter and I easy train/bus access to Munich. I initially was looking around Lake Constance (Lindau etc), but with only 'restaurant' German at this stage, I feel I'd integrate faster if I had easy access to the city. Studying the map and reading as many forum posts here that I can, it would seem that my husband doing a sub-20min commute to Buchloe by car, then catching the train to Kempten could be a good option (please correct me if I'm wrong): 45mins on the train to Kempten for him, 1hr on the train to Munich for my daughter and I (I consider these to be very normal commuting lengths!).

Budget is roughly up to 1600 for at least 2 bedrooms with a garden.  It may also be worth noting that I intend for my daughter to go to MIS in a couple of years, so whilst I don't think commuting from Starnberg is practical at this point, I'd like to at least be in relatively easy reach of the Amersee/Starnberg area so that once she's at school age, if we move closer it's not as much of a 'jump'. 

So, tell me, wonderful Toytown community: given the above, where should I be considering? Is this a reasonable plan so far? Or should I be completely reevaluating? 

@Johnny English, I hope you don't mind me tagging you here. Your posts have been an incredible wealth of information to me thus far and I was hoping you might have the time to narrow it down further. What do you think?

Well, he hasn't been on since 2017, but it would be nice if he came back, so let's hope your call works!

Thanks @kiplette, didnt think to check status! Hope all is ok for him.

@maffia, you're another fab contributor whose brain I'd love to pick if you have the time. Do you still live in Landsberg? That's winning for me so far but that's not based on anything very concrete other than 'pretty and accessible'!