Apartment problems/Landlord

87 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, optimista said:

He's baiting you. And probably getting off on it.

I agree. Just put deadsoul on ignore and move on. We all do that.

1 hour ago, klingklang77 said:

What? How am I suppposed to control the other person

You're not supposed to do this. If both sides behave honestly and reasonably with respect to the issues to be solved, the messiness will not occur.

Booooooo. Exactly the baiting I expected.

Like I said, just put this person on ignore. I just did. :)

15 minutes ago, deadsoul said:

If both sides behave honestly and reasonably with respect to the issues to be solved,

....there would be no divorce.

2 hours ago, deadsoul said:

You're not supposed to do this. If both sides behave honestly and reasonably with respect to the issues to be solved, the messiness will not occur.

This poster deserves some music:

Held my head high, were so proud
Shared my truth way too loud

Preached a gospel built on lies
Was the opposite of wise

1 hour ago, Lavender Rain said:

This poster deserves some music:

Nice to see you back!

1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:

Fuckin brown noser.

My name is Jeremy2 and these fine gentlemen all around me
Well they're the Conspiracy Theorist Phonics
And we hail proudly from near Munich
Now, way down south near Munich, whenever we needs a little somethin' extra
We like to do a little thing we call the brown nose
And we'd like all you dear ladies and gentlemen here tonight
To help us out in doin' the brown nose
So remember: when I shout "What you gonna do?"
You're gonna shouts back "Gonna brown nose. Gonna brown nose"
Think you can handle that? (crowd: ya!)
I'm pretty sure you can; let's give it a try

Askin' for some greenies, I say now what you gonna do?
(Gonna brown nose. Gonna brown nose)
Poster is really mean, I say now what you gonna do?
Wanna impress your wife's father, I say what you gonna do?
Owe some money a' to your brother, I say what you gonna do?

I wanna see every last one of you brown nosin'
Even you tuna lips

On 3/10/2019, 7:10:55, jeremytwo said:

Nice to see you back!

Don't talk to it jeremy!  Don't encourage it! :ph34r:

Well, I just want to give a quick update on this topic. 

I have had the Mieterverein send two letters. She still hasn’t done anything to really rectify the situation. 

She included that I have not paid my rent for months— this is not true and I have my bank details to confirm this. She then wrote some really horrible stuff about me to the Mieterverein. One day my boyfriend was sick and I had to call an ambulance. He has a medical issue. She said he was an alcoholic. This is not true. She was annoyed because his father picked him up one time. I’m just going to ignore this part because he doesn’t live here, and his medical issues are none of her business. He has a neurological issue as do I. This is something that brought us together.

She then continued to say that her neighbors are asking how she can even have such a tenant living in her apartment and continued and said that I had an alcohol problem, which I do not. She says that she sees me everyday and that I am a danger to her son because I slur and don’t walk correctly. First off, I do not see them every day. I usually just say hi and that’s it. My neurological issue is that I had a severe reaction to medication (Effexor) and it has been affecting me for two years. I came off the medication, and there were tons of issues with that that still affect me to this day. It’s getting better day by day, and I have countless notes from doctors that express this. It affects the way I walk and talk sometimes. It’s really embarrassing actually. Again, I don’t think my medical issues have any part in this. 

I do occasionally go out with friends for drinks, but I’m not coming home and smashing things on the streets or in the house. In fact, I mostly work from home, so I don’t leave a few days a week. 

She says we fight and I have called the police when that happens. NOT TRUE. I called the police once for another reason. I do not fight with my boyfriend like that. We do sometimes have loud sex. 

It’s like she has made me out to be this horrible person by saying these things that she has no proof of. It’s like they are constantly watching me. 

I wrote her a quick text to explain my medical issue, but I feel so sad that someone could almost “make fun” of it. 

I’m so done at this point. I pay the rent. I do not make much noise or cause problems. This landlady is certifiable at this point. It’s lawyers all the way now. 

3 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

I wrote her a quick text to explain my medical issue, but I feel so sad that someone could almost “make fun” of it. 

I’m so done at this point. I pay the rent. I do not make much noise or cause problems. This landlady is certifiable at this point. It’s lawyers all the way now. 

Why dont you move?

You have already told your landlord that you have mental health issues.. 

do you really think it will get better?

4 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Why dont you move?

When you have an underlying medical issue that is chronic, moving house is just not that easy. My older sister has a chronic autoimmune disorder. Rather than move when her landlady wanted to sell the house in which she lives (in that jurisdiction the landlord can require it), my sister bought the house. She didn't want to own a house, but signing paperwork was less stressful on her system than packing and moving, even with help.

...and the OP never said she had **mental** health issues, for Pete's sake!! She has **medical** issues!

Aside from that, all this stigmatizing of health issues - now even on Toytown - is quite horrible.

Now bite me!

17 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

My neurological issue is that I had a severe reaction to medication (Effexor) and it has been affecting me for two years. I came off the medication, and there were tons of issues with that that still affect me to this day. It’s getting better day by day, and I have countless notes from doctors that express this. It affects the way I walk and talk sometimes. It’s really embarrassing actually. Again, I don’t think my medical issues have any part in this. 

@Metall 

I thought that you were the TT doctor!

Read a little on effexor...    Then Bite me back!

@AlexTR... Often, moving away from a situation like this releives many sypmtoms.

Plus if the OP can get the Landlord to pay for the move... thats a bonus too!

12 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Why dont you move?

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find an apartment in Munich as a freelancer (income is not steady throughout the year, but I have Unterhalt with my ex) with three cats? I have been trying for months. 

My plan now is that there is a job coming up in February that would be permanent and then boyfriend and I would like to find a place together. I am getting a lump sum in my divorce, so that will keep me going until then. 

It isn’t a mental health issue right now. I was extremely depressed when my ex husband left me, understandably. I went to the doctor to get help for my anxiety issues. I got prescribed Effexor and then it landed me in the hospital from severe side effects. I decided that I didn’t want to be on it anymore and was given a schedule to wean myself off of it. However, that schedule was too fast, but I followed the doctor’s orders. Because of that I had severe withdrawal issues (shaking, sweating, lockjaw that affected my speech). You can read up on this medication yourself. I am not the only one going through it. I’ve been to a lot of doctors to get it checked out and I just have to wait. 

If you want to call it mental health issues, then fine. I consider it a medical issue and mental health issues are included in that, but I digress. 

No need to shame me for this. 

3 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

No need to shame me for this. 

Exactly.

Best you put the man on ignore, the way I have. I only saw his horrible comments in what you quoted from him.

I wasnt shaming you... or atleast, I didnt intend to.

As for the drug, its is intended to assist with anxsiety issues that usually start in the mind... 

So, I just used a general term which is probably how your landlord would read it too... 

3 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

I wasnt shaming you... or atleast, I didnt intend to.

As for the drug, its is intended to assist with anxsiety issues that usually start in the mind... 

So, I just used a general term which is probably how your landlord would read it too... 

I’m just very sad that she had to call me an alcoholic because my motor skills have been messed up for a few years. You tell me how you would feel if someone said that to you because of that. Coming off of SNRIs is no joke. I have a support group for it, thank god. But the landlady’s comment was so below the belt. 

35 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Read a little on effexor...    Then Bite me back!

@AlexTR... Often, moving away from a situation like this releives many sypmtoms.

Plus if the OP can get the Landlord to pay for the move... thats a bonus too!

Effexor also has off-label uses that are commonly known, such as treating diabetic neuropathy (a neurological disorder) and migraines (also possibly a neurological disorder), but I see this is not the case.

I agree with you that if s/he can push the landlady, who sounds batass crazy to me, into PAYING for the move that this would be the optimal result for all parties.