Apartment problems/Landlord

87 posts in this topic

I see that you're very angry - I'm sympathetic to that.

When a constellation of misfortunes arrive, it is possible that it's just very bad luck, but commonly it's a result of a complete misinterpretation of the situation: either willful or unconscious. The missing information in your account suggests to me that this is happening here. Landladies are rarely so vindictive without cause; Mahnungs don't arrive without history. 

"He did the paperwork in our relationship, which he stole"

You pointedly don't say whether that means he paid the bills for both of you, and now that he's gone you let them go overdue. If it's not the case, why leave it ambiguous?

42 minutes ago, deadsoul said:

I see that you're very angry - I'm sympathetic to that.

When a constellation of misfortunes arrive, it is possible that it's just very bad luck, but commonly it's a result of a complete misinterpretation of the situation: either willful or unconscious. The missing information in your account suggests to me that this is happening here. Landladies are rarely so vindictive without cause; Mahnungs don't arrive without history. 

"He did the paperwork in our relationship, which he stole"

You pointedly don't say whether that means he paid the bills for both of you, and now that he's gone you let them go overdue. If it's not the case, why leave it ambiguous?

Ah, what?

We both paid the bills. He did the paperwork. We both contributed monetarily to the household. Stop being so sexist and redpill. 

When someone leaves you to deal with all the bills, then get back to me. Until then, you can go away. 

7 hours ago, klingklang77 said:

Stop being so sexist and redpill.

???

On 3/7/2019, 11:49:27, klingklang77 said:

I’ll start offf saying that I know I need to go to the Mieterverein. They helped me out once before. I would just like to know if I’m crazy or not. 

My landlord lives below me. I am in the middle of a really long divorce 2+ years. My ex still has his name on the rental contract. He moved back to Australia. I have a new boyfriend (no, I did not cheat). 

My problems are as follows:

-have not received a Nebenkosten Rechnung in the 5 years that I’ve lived here.

-my Rollladen have not worked properly in a few years (I told them this a few years ago)

-my balcony door doesn’t work properly. They know this and haven’t corrected it in a year or so.

-heating is broken in one room

-they say I have a Mitbewohner because my boyfriend stays over a few nights a week. Apparently, I need permission for someone to stay with me overnight. He will stay over and he always chips in for his share of the food and beer, etc. Geez, is this the norm if you want to spend time with someone your love? Ask the landlord for permission?

-They say my rent was late a lot, but it wasn’t. It is paid within the way it is stated in the contract (3 business days). It was late one time because my ex took off and left and said that he would help out with the rent and then just stopped. 

-I am not allowed to ride my bicycle anymore. She says I have too many. I only have two, but she says I have 4. I wanted to sell one, but I’m waiting for the right weather. Also the snow blocked the bicycle rack for weeks and I couldn’t get it out. 

-Minor, but annoying— she refuses to change my name to the correct title that I have on the mailbox

-Lastly, she is telling me to get something smaller and cheaper and that she doesn’t want someone living there if they don’t make 6000 netto. I don’t make that, but I’m able to pay the rent. 

She has agreed to work on the broken things and the Nebenkosten, but I really just didn’t like being told what I can and cannot do in an apartment that I pay rent for. 

If you read all that, then thank you. 

That sounds like a landlord from hell! 😱

13 hours ago, klingklang77 said:

We both paid the bills. He did the paperwork. We both contributed monetarily to the household. Stop being so sexist and redpill. 

When someone leaves you to deal with all the bills, then get back to me. Until then, you can go away. 

Dealing with bills is a normal part of adult life. Go to the lawyer or the Mieterverein: they will explain it to you.

28 minutes ago, deadsoul said:

Dealing with bills is a normal part of adult life. Go to the lawyer or the Mietverein: they will explain it to you.

On 3/7/2019, 4:41:07, klingklang77 said:

The thing is that I am not allowed to open his mail

No no, not for you @fraufruit, for deadsoul

"the bills" have nothing whatsoever to do with the original query, the OP has no need to get into the details of what sound like a very messy divorce, and these suppositions and insinuations are just going too far.   

1 hour ago, deadsoul said:

Dealing with bills is a normal part of adult life. Go to the lawyer or the Mieterverein: they will explain it to you.

You act like I don‘t know how to be an adult. I am an adult, thank you very much. When someone leaves with all the paperwork and you are not allowed to open letters addressed to them, then what do I do? You seem to be one sandwich short of a picnic. 

I‘ve been able to deal with a few things, but getting bills for stuff that I didn‘t pay for comes under another topic. Also getting bills for services I did not use is not really fair. 

I‘ve already mentioned the Mieterverein and that‘s in the thread. stick to the thread and stop trolling. 

23 hours ago, lisa13 said:

what sound like a very messy divorce

These don't just happen on their own, Lisa.

Mysogynist attention-seeker? Something wrong with this person's thinking IMO. He must be hurting badly.

Edit: Oh no, there I go opining again. Irrelevantly and from beyond the grave.

19 minutes ago, deadsoul said:

These don't just happen on their own, Lisa.

What? How am I suppposed to control the other person and how they react to a divorce? It’s messy. He’s also a lawyer and never divorce a lawyer. I have tried to be amicable and even my lawyer says that he is making it very difficult- in fact suing me for harassment, which did not happen, and he lost the court case for that. Then he wouldn’t pay the court fees and that’s when the Mahnungs started. I was advised that I am not to open his mail by my lawyer. I didn’t even want the divorce at first. This was his idea. If you only knew the extent of what I endured (things that there are no excuses for in a any relationship, you know one of those things where they say to leave, but it’s hard to leave), maybe you would a clue. So don’t sit here and say that I could have prevented what I went through. 

If you ever have the unfortunate experience going through a messy divorce, then get back to me. 

Until then, stay on topic. I’m not going to waste my time with someone like you. I came here for advice about my landlord. 

54 minutes ago, klingklang77 said:

What? How am I suppposed to control the other person and how they react to a divorce?

Ha Ha welcome to Toytown, why I'm a long time lurker very occasional poster