Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bars and clubs along Berger Strasse in Frankfurt

7 posts in this topic

I've got a mate coming over from London this weekend and plan to take him on a pub crawl along the Berger.

Thing is I only really know the Schönerberger Bar, and like it. but dont really know of any other places around there.

I'm sort of looking for good, lively bars/pubs, good beer, not too expensive, and decent music.

We are both early 30's.

We also want to avoid any irish pubs like the plague.

Any tips would be great ...cheers

If you're looking for a "bar", Schönenberger is your best bet along Bergerstrasse - the others are sleazy pubs & lounges.

What about making a detour around the corner to "Desino"?

Why not take him to the center ... "Monsair" springs to the top of my must-see list.

If it's 7.30am on a Sunday morning and you've been out drinking since rugby match started at lunchtime the previous day then I heartily recommed "Toffis", you can get a sort of English breakfast washed down with a great Bloody Mary. Or if you're too sick to eat, ask for the Legionaire's Breakfast... A black coffee, a glass of brandy and a filterless gauloise cigarette.

I also have to say Schönberger is my favourite of all the Bergerstr. bars.

At the bottom end I also quite like O-ton mind you it has been a few years since I have been in there.

The one at Bornheim Mitte opposite the Hannibal bar is not bad either I know it used to be called La Bocha. It is on the corner next to Dresdner bank.

From one of my former posts...with some additions.

Starting from the bottom of Berger Str. :

MiniBar and it is tiny (Berger Str. 4?)

Toffis (Berger Str. 30)

Leon Garcias at Merianplatz (East side) for Tapas & Drinks.

Mirador (Berger Str. 65)

Flipper (Berger Str. 86) for late food (and very big portions) & drinks (Berger Str. between Merianplatz and Hohenstr.). I think it is open till 2 or 3 at weekends.

Gingko for red wine...but keep your backs to the wall.

Destino (Habsburger Allee 9) for pretty people (past Subway Sandwich on Hohenstr.)

http://www.destino-bar.de/

Yours Sport Bar to watch some football (back on Berger Str., north of Hohenstr.)

And then...I think nothing really good up till Schöneberger. But maybe someone else can correct me if I am wrong.

No one said Nachtbar?! :P

I'm a huge fan of the Yours Sports Bar near Höhenstraße for a lovely American breakfast/ hangover cure.