Kids birthday party village hall hire or similar

11 posts in this topic

Hello there, 

What are the options for kids birthday parties in Germany? I live in England and I always rent the village hall, scouts Hall or similar for my daughter's party. Now it's my nephew's first birthday, they live in Diessen Am Ammersee and I've been trying to find any information on line to no luck. Ideally a village hall near Diessen but even possible in Munich would be great. I am not looking for a restaurant or hotel function room. More of the type of a hall one can rent cheaply for a couple of hours for a kids party. 

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you 😊

You are planning on renting a hall for your nephews party without informing the parents?  You might not find the info online for all your options.  It would be easier for the people who are there to ask someone in the village what they have around there.  You can find hotels offering something here: https://www.bayregio-ammersee.de/veranstaltungen/hochzeit-tagung-feier.php#locations but there might be easier / less expensive options around.

Agree with Leon. 

Why not tell the parents you want to cover the cost of the party. First birthday? Well, that should not cost much!!! Lots of cake and ice cream;)

Hi both thank you, yes of course I told the parents. My sister and her husband are both relatively new to Germany themselves. I asked them to find out about a village hall or similar but they had no idea how to find out. I came across this forum so I thought it's worth asking in case someone knows of an option. And yeah if I find a good option I'd be telling the parents before I book... 

3 hours ago, LeonG said:

You are planning on renting a hall for your nephews party without informing the parents?  You might not find the info online for all your options.  It would be easier for the people who are there to ask someone in the village what they have around there.  You can find hotels offering something here: https://www.bayregio-ammersee.de/veranstaltungen/hochzeit-tagung-feier.php#locations but there might be easier / less expensive options around.

Thank you for sharing this. I found similar options, but we really would prefer something more like a village hall or scouts hall somewhere we can hire cheaply for a couple of hours where the kids can play, dance and so on x 

Diessen am Amersee is both the name of a parish, which incorporates a number of villages and smaller communities, and the main town of the parish itself which has been twinned with Windermere in Cumbria since 1998.

Thus not all the church parish officers of both the Evangelische (protestant) and Katholische (RC) Kirchen are located in the town.

From what I've been able to find online there is a Gemeindehalle (community hall) within the control of the Evangelische Kirche in Dießen am Amersee and the person responsible for it appears to be Pfarrer Christoph Jokisch. Scroll down to his name for contact details here > Das Gemeinde-Team | Evangelische Gemeinde

I couldn't find out anything on the Pfarreiengemeinschaft Dießen  (the RC parish authority) site except where to get the parish newsletter or how to arrange to send money for christenings, confirmations, weddings, funerals, etc. or the bank account for money left in the will of late family members! 

You might have some luck re buildings managed by them if you try contacting the Gemeindereferentin Renate Heggmaier (Tel. 08807/94894-18). Of course when dialling from the UK you should dial +49 and leave the first 0 off the German telephone number prefix. renate.heggmaier@bistum-augsburg.de

There is a Mehrzweckhalle (multi-purpose hall) in the town which is used primarily by a number of local sports clubs and other social groups as well as for school sports activities and is probably available for hire (prior engagements permitting) for events of both private and commercial nature.

As everywhere else in Germany to book such a hall will require the booker to fill out a detailed application form giving their full consent and agreement to legally binding compliance with the house janitorial and insurance rules and, usually, requiring payment in advance of a security deposit refundable some time after the event on confirmation all obligations have been satisfied wrt final clean up and use of metered utilities etc..

You should find the relevant form by putting 'Antrag Mehrzweckhalle' into the search box on the homepage Markt Diessen am Ammersee and following a link to the PDF download area. To get help with that or to ask questions about it in advance I suggest you contact either of these ladies.

Maxerath Angelika

Hauptamt
Zimmer 104 OG
TEL: 08807 - 9294-27
FAX: 08807 - 9294-50
Verwaltungsmäßige Betreuung der Mehrzweckhalle

Metz Regina
Hauptamt - Vorzimmer Bürgermeister
Zimmer 104 OG
TEL: 08807 - 9294-26
FAX: 08807 - 9294-50

HTH

2B

If 2Bs option fails for some reason, you can also check the local Sportverein(s) - a friend of mine rented the pub portion of the verein just as a party space, no catering provided, and we brought our own food (I think he bought the beer/drinks from the verein but not sure)

He told me it's pretty common for sportvereins to offer party space of some kind.  I haven't verified that personally but may be worth a try.

I really would like to help.. but I have always wondered why parents really bother trying to organise a party for a one year old... 

What games would you play..?   

"Dribble a pint of slime in 20 seconds"

"Fill the Nappy first"...  

Not only this.. but why cant the parents organise it?

Please make my day... 

34 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

you can also check the local Sportverein(s)

I thought of mentioning that but, for two reasons, decided not to.

Firstly I'd got the impression that many, if not all, of the towns Sports Vereine were likely to be using the Mehrzweckhalle and secondly I thought it may not be so easy for the OP to distinguish Sports Vereine from the political, religous-affiliated or other limited purpose Vereine in the town.

OP, if you want to give lisa13's tip a try you'll find a link to an A-Z listing of local clubs and associations by clicking on Vereine under the Sport und Freizeit heading on the town webpage.

To return to @fraufruit @RedMidge's suggestion you could book a grand ice cream party for the whole family right on the waterfront at the highly reputed Die Eismacherei - Eis frisch zubereitet | Restaurant FISCHER Ammersee look under Feste feiern for suggested options.

Like most of the other posters I'm betting your nephew won't even be aware of the event until he's about 3 or 4 years older and able to understand that the little bundle in the family albums of selfies was him.

Sometimes I just don't understand what motivates the post internet introduction generation to do some of the things they do - like the young Irish student who opened 3 new threads last night and apparently thought that adding a picture of him (wearing a black suit and shirt with a green tie and no socks!:lol:) and his partner (in a green evening gown) posing beside a white stretch limo :rolleyes: would enhance their chances of finding a 6 month rental in Munich with virtually no notice at all.:wacko:

2B

6 hours ago, AnotherSam said:

My sister and her husband are both relatively new to Germany themselves. I asked them to find out about a village hall or similar but they had no idea how to find out.

How would you find out in your country? Ask the neighbors? The lady at the bakery / store? Works here too.