Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Subsidized Apartments

36 posts in this topic

Hi,

 

We applied for a social Wohnung. We recently received a letter from Wohnungsamt stating our score and all the details, like logging in online to find an aparment. Is there any other way to search for apartment using the letter we received (like maybe take it elsewhere) apart from searching online?

 

Thanks. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1.3.2019, 21:21:36, fraufruit said:

You obviously have internet so why not do as you were told?

 

I understand you are ranked as a veteran in this site. With all due respect, I do hope you respect people's question and not be rude and condescending. I am aware we can apply online but my question is about "elsewhere" that we can take our papers to "apart" from online. 

 

Thank you for your time madam.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What sort of alternative would you mean?   This time last year there were 30,000 on the waiting list in München, with 9000 homeless including 2000 children.   Difficult to see how to keep everyone updated without the interrnet especially takiing into account the different levels of priority.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iamiarene said:

my question is about "elsewhere" that we can take our papers to "apart" from online

 

fraufruit's point is spot on and you never answered her question:  what PROBLEM are you facing if you follow the instructions of the amt? 

 

seriously - how can you expect people to give you helpful information if you are not willing to explain what your problem is?  

 

And despite the injury to your tender sensibilities, I didn't detect any rudeness nor condescension in her question - in fact she is the least rude or condescending person I know!

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there perhaps a phone number on the letter or could you look up their phone number so you can call and ask them?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, snowingagain said:

What sort of alternative would you mean?   This time last year there were 30,000 on the waiting list in München, with 9000 homeless including 2000 children.   Difficult to see how to keep everyone updated without the interrnet especially takiing into account the different levels of priority.

 

Normally, those who have ranking would login to a certain site and search for apartment. This is the standard. People get approved based on the urgency level that Wohnungsamt categorized them in. The application is online. The apartments are provides by different builders. I was wondering if we can directly go to a builder of subsidized apartments and submit our papers. This is the alternative I am referring to. 🙂

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Why not go back to their parents and live?

 

Why should the tax payer subsidise their living costs?

 

 

 

Unless the government abolishes subsidized living, social help, etc., this kind of system will continue to exist. There is no government that does not allocate budget for its less privileged citizens. Whether we like it or not (as long as it’s not used for corruption) the tax we pay will be budgeted accordingly. That’s what taxes are for. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Iamiarene said:

 

Unless the government abolishes subsidized living, social help, etc., this kind of system will continue to be abused

 

As long as there are arseholes like you, the system will be abused!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 minutes ago, Iamiarene said:

I was wondering if we can directly go to a builder of subsidized apartments and submit our papers.

The builders are unlikely the owners.  And even less likely to be administrating post-build use. I would guess they are commissioned by government/local authority to do the immediate job of getting the roofing on and electricity connected.

 

Wishing to jump the queue may be understandable, but if you are brainy enough to do that successfully why can you not channel the same brain and effort into earning a decent living that would not require you to live in low-cost social housing?

 

Spider means the same thing but gets there quicker.:lol: (No offence intended.)

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

As long as there are arseholes like you, the system will be abused!

 

One person made a comment about teenage juvenile deliquents who pretend to sound like an adult in this site. I did not know toytowngermany allows 12 year olds to register. 

 

Read on taxation when you reach adulthood and your comprehension skills is able to grasp complex matters. 

 

Have a nice day boy. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to tell my mummy on you... :lol:

 

Edited... Why do you think that you should be considered before that of a German who is almost at pension age that is in the same housing dialemer as you?   

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Iamiarene said:

Read on taxation when you reach adulthood...

oh, oh... entitlement rearing its ugly head. I guess as a family of six you already enjoy some tax breaks?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 3/3/2019, 12:32:19, optimista said:

oh, oh... entitlement rearing its ugly head. I guess as a family of six you already enjoy some tax breaks?

 

Nah. I pay so more tax than what your whole household is paying. And I don’t sit in front of my computer ordering in and trolling all day. I asked a general question. 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Why do you think that you should be considered before that of a German who is almost at pension age...

If he can argue that lucidly in his favour (and I have a sneaky feeling he can), he really should be channelling his energies otherwise.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Iamiarene said:

 

 

Nah. I pay so more tax than what your whole household is paying

 

So, who is the dumb fucker then?   :lol:

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

I'm going to tell my mummy on you... :lol:

 

Edited... Why do you think that you should be considered before that of a German who is almost at pension age that is in the same housing dialemer as you?   

 

 

 

Ah, you don’t know how punkte system works? You thought approval is based on seniority or citizenship do you? Apparently the question is for those who have knowledge on the subject matter. Is it not how a question and answer works? Or you just like plain trolling? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, optimista said:

If he can argue that lucidly in his favour (and I have a sneaky feeling he can), he really should be channelling his energies otherwise.

 

Your sentence doesn’t even make sense. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Iamiarene said:

I pay so more tax than what your whole household is paying

You must have a crystal ball. And we pay an absolute shitload actually. So I would be very surprised.

 

Your last answer is the perfect response. Well done. I gave you green. You are obviously sharp as a razor blade. Not falling for it.

 

Over to you Spider. I'm out.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0