Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Freelancer residence permit application help

4 posts in this topic

Non-EU resident here with a bluecard, worked as a regular full-time employee for 2.5 years, got laid off, currently unemployed, but just received 2 freelance offers from 2 different companies and I am planning to take them. I´ll be working in IT/ web design/ UX design.

I went to the KVR to get my residency stuff sorted out since I´ll have to transition from a bluecard to a freelancer visa. I was given a list of required documents I´ll have to present with my application. 

- As far as I understand from my research online, there is a difference between a freelancer just providing services to companies (which is what I´m doing) and someone who´s starting their own business. Will I still need to provide all these listed documents such as the business plan, finance plan, revenue forecast, sales and profitability forecast...etc.??

Are there any services I can reach out for to get help with writing these documents? (very poor German skills here)
I´ve heard that tax advisors can do that, but do they actually help you writing all that stuff? 
Any recommendations or people I can reach out to?

- What would be the average fee I´d need to pay for something like that?

Any help would be much appreciated. I was given a 3 week timeframe by the KVR to come up with all that stuff so I´m trying to find a quick solution before my deadline.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Monica.B said:

Are there any services I can reach out for to get help with writing these documents?

I'd normally recommend a Gründungsseminar, which are courses for people looking to become self-employed.

3 minutes ago, Monica.B said:

(very poor German skills here)

However, the standard highly subsidised Gründungsseminar is usually only in German.

Try the IHK, they might be able to offer some assistance in English or recommend someone who can.

3 hours ago, Monica.B said:

- As far as I understand from my research online, there is a difference between a freelancer just providing services to companies (which is what I´m doing) and someone who´s starting their own business.

There are a few differences between freelancers ("Freiberufler") and tradesmen ("Gewerbe"), but both are businesses so they have a lot in common too.

Will I still need to provide all these listed documents such as the business plan, finance plan, revenue forecast, sales and profitability forecast...etc.??

You would have to ask the KVR, but since freelancers also have to act economically, there is nothing against business plan, finance plan, revenue forecast, sales and profitability forecast in order to assess whether the project is economically viable. 

Are there any services I can reach out for to get help with writing these documents? (very poor German skills here)
I´ve heard that tax advisors can do that, but do they actually help you writing all that stuff? 

Founding consultants, management consultants, tax consultants can and do that (and get paid for it), but I don't know anyone in Munich and of course time is short. Try the IHK on Monday - they won't be interested in a consultation because freelancers don't become IHK members, but maybe they can recommend someone.