Considering Dog sitting in Munich

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

I've always had a dog at home ever since I was a kid and it's driving me nuts that I had to leave my dog behind with my family after moving to Munich. And we don't want to adopt a dog for now since we travel a lot.

Now that I've finally settled in and gotten used to living here, I was thinking of registering as a dog sitter. The only experience I have is taking care of my own dogs.

I've done some research online about dog sitting but I wanted your personal opinion about it.

Do I need to get an insurance for dog sitting before registering to become one? 

Any tips or advice?  Or if you've already come across a post similar to what I've written, please let me know :)

Thank you all in advance!

We found our dog sitter via pawshake.  There is also hundeleine, or perhaps even the local neban.de that you could find a local person.  

On 2/22/2019, 6:20:26, sakes said:

We found our dog sitter via pawshake.  There is also hundeleine, or perhaps even the local neban.de that you could find a local person.  

Thank you  @sakes. For now I want to be a dog sitter but when we do get a dog later, the other websites will come in handy :) 

My friend in the U.K. is a dog sitter and has an insurance similar to those available on this German website https://www.tierversicherung.biz/tiersitter-versicherung.  There are lots of others shown in google.  I believe registering yourself would provide you with a Gewerbeschein which may be necessary in order to attain the relevant insurance. 

Good luck.

On 2/25/2019, 3:24:16, emkay said:

My friend in the U.K. is a dog sitter and has an insurance similar to those available on this German website https://www.tierversicherung.biz/tiersitter-versicherung.  There are lots of others shown in google.  I believe registering yourself would provide you with a Gewerbeschein which may be necessary in order to attain the relevant insurance. 

Good luck.

Ah okay! thank you emkay. I'm doing the research now :) 

Contact John_G on Toytown! He's an independent insurance broker, I heard he has animal related insurance, too.