Residential districts of Frankfurt am Main

168 posts in this topic

Hello - Any comparative pros and cons for bad soden vs kronberg vs schwalbach for a young expat non german speaking family residence? (note - office in eschborn). Budget max Euro 1,000 warm. Many thanks!

Hello friends - Any thoughts on comparative pros and cons for non german speaking young expat family for residence - 1) Bad soden vs 2) Kronberg vs 3) Schwalbach vs 4) Bockenheim. My Office to be at Eschborn and max rent Euro 1,000 warm. or other even better suited area suggestion? Many thanks!

Bad Soden and Schwalbach would offer a tranquil life with more space to play for the kids, but have a less multicultural atmosphere than Frankfurt. Kronberg is probably too expensive for the budget you mention (it is like the neighbouring Königstein and to a lesser extent Bad Homburg home to many high earners working in Frankfurt's finance industry). Bockenheim is busier and you are close to Frankfurt's city centre; the Suburban trains S3 and S4 for Eschborn stop at the station Frankfurt West, see the RMV public transport website. Another part of Frankfurt which hasn't been mentioned yet but is on the same S-Bahn lines is Rödelheim.

Rodelheim is very much useful... Thanks. I will be moving in Frankfurt by December. i've lived in london before, would you think the cost of living is comparable?

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Hi Everyone,

My partner and I are looking to live in Frankfurt and ideally would like to live in an area that is near or commutable to Willy Brand Platz (Nearest Hbf is Frankfurt (M),

We're looking to commute no longer than 20-30 min, and also looking for somewhere that's a little multicultural and possibly a bit green and quiet... our budget is under 800 euros a month. We're in our late 20s, and a bit indoorsy. We both quite like the countryside, he's from a village and I'm from greater London so looking for a mix of quiet but easy enough to get to cultural highlights and things...

If anyone could suggest anything and give us an idea of what it's like to live there on a day to day basis that would be amazing,

Thanking you in advance :)

Hello Everyone, 

I realize that this is a very old thread but I'm hoping that someone can give me an updated insight on where to live.

My husband and I are moving to Frankfurt in a few months and we are kind of lost when it comes to the place to live.

My husband will be working in Schwalbach but we're hoping to live in a lively town (nothing that sleeps at 5 or 6)

Our budget is around 1300 EUR/month including utilities. Hopefully a 2 bedroom apartment. 

We don't plan on owning a car so places that are accessible through public transportation and bicycle would be our first choice. We're also hoping for a place that would be maximum a 40 minute commute to work (he's willing to bike to work if possible)

We've asked around and so far we've narrowed it down to Hoechst and Sachsenhausen. 

Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks a lot for your help