Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Are cafeterias obliged to follow their menu plans?

38 posts in this topic

Oh how I miss the days of Himself coming home and complaining about the canteen food. He had other options but I stopped telling him that after a while. I think he preferred complaining.

I am so so tempted to write such a sarcastic reply... but I cant get past the begining...

"Once upon a time, There was this Dumb-fucker.... "

5 hours ago, malcolmpow said:

Out of curiosity,

The cafeteria at work usually prints out a sheet on the monday for the food plan for the rest of the week, and up until today they've always served what they claimed they would.

today there was supposed to be  a 'crunchy chicken' burger, but when I went there it was a beef burger instead, and they had changed some of the printed sheets with new ones that said beef burger instead.

I asked my colleagues and none of them knew,

so i was wondering, does anyone know if they are supposed to follow what they advertise or?

Head chef makes a menu, he thinks he'll put on 50 chicken burgers. They are so finger lickin' good, they sell out.

So then he thinks to himself, do I let the fuckers starve, (I would) or put on another flavour of burger. :blink:

my coworkers luuuuuuv to go the justice palace for lunch and it's the same there too.

They do occasionally have to swap out one dish for another, and yes they also offer a huge portion dessert as a "main" 

the last bit baffles me too, but whatever, I don't have to eat it.

I wonder whether the canteen at Airbus Bremen still has on the wall the sign in English " menu card.." It used to. It screamed German...:D

13 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

my coworkers luuuuuuv to go the justice palace for lunch and it's the same there too.

I think this mass catering is really good part of German life, very helpful and efficient.   That we can go to the city hall or the police station or hospital or wherever for a cheap full cooked lunch if we want.  I like cooking but get tired of it at times and this helps a wide range of people - older, few cooking facilities at home, lonely etc.   

When I worked at the school cafeteria last year we sold two kinds of Leberkäse - Schweinefleisch und Putenfleisch. The Chef referred to them as "Schwein" und "Halal Schwein".

7 hours ago, john g. said:

I wonder whether the canteen at Airbus Bremen still has on the wall the sign in English " menu card.." It used to. It screamed German...:D

... and on that 'card' were things like "Spear Rips"?

If they wrote 'crunchy' chicken, I'd say that was fair warning you should expect to be disappointed.

16 hours ago, hooperski said:

Head chef makes a menu, he thinks he'll put on 50 chicken burgers. They are so finger lickin' good, they sell out.

So then he thinks to himself, do I let the fuckers starve, (I would) or put on another flavour of burger. :blink:

It is a workplace canteen, there is no time to react due to the limited amount of time, the place opens only for 90 minutes and most people are in and out in the first 60 minutes, most people have only 45 minutes break.  All food is pre-cooked.

13 hours ago, john g. said:

Our canteen offers the menu in German and English in their website, it is my hobby to check the English and German version and find out how they translated things.  Sometimes is very funny.  But to be fair, sometimes it is very difficult to translate it.

17 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

No, but I work at the biggest company premises in Munich (ca. 10,000 employees) as a subcontractor and I eat there. Two large canteens and two restaurants. Your dishes sound familiar to me :). They also serve Dampfnudel mit Vanillesoße as a main dish. To me it's a dessert. What about Broccoli with Cauliflower and cheese sauce?

Our is a Siemens canteen.

20 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

I eat at a Siemens canteen as well in Neuperlach-Süd in Legoland.

Mine is in Berlin, but your comments looked way too similar to ours here.   Do you have as well the "HADO" options? 

I'm standing in the hauptbahnhof looking at the yellow schedule and my train is not on the time it shows...

I'm in REWE and the shelf has a tag for my favorite cereal, but it's empty...

My ISP says I'm to get 100mb, but I'm only getting 85...

My life is a continuous nightmare.  I can't stop screaming.  Please, help.

2 hours ago, catjones said:

I'm standing in the hauptbahnhof looking at the yellow schedule and my train is not on the time it shows...

I'm in REWE and the shelf has a tag for my favorite cereal, but it's empty...

My ISP says I'm to get 100mb, but I'm only getting 85...

My life is a continuous nightmare.  I can't stop screaming.  Please, help.

:lol: