Cologne Brexit Meeting - Wed 13th Feb

158 posts in this topic

I just looked up the costs for perm residency card. EUR 180 for B1 test + up to EUR 250 for perm residence card. So, pay EUR 430 to continue staying in your own home. 

Whereas there is no language requirement for EU citizens in UK, but before the application fee was scrapped by Theresa, it cost £65 (€74 ).

1 hour ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Does this mean if I go by train to any Hbf, I will be treated like a hero?

You mean these scenes?

I don't remember getting any clapping when I arrived, just a bucket and mop from the future mother in law.

34 minutes ago, schmemley said:

Whereas there is no language requirement for EU citizens in UK, but before the application fee was scrapped by Theresa, it cost £65 (€74 ).

There is no language requirement for EU citizens in Germany either.

There is a language requirement for non-EU citizens in Germany.

There is also a language requirement for non-EU citizens in UK.

I repeat. This is not Germany's fault.

But thanks for the update from the meeting though.

I think that's going to be a thing now, isn't it? Lots of Brits who were okay with Brexit upset that they are being treated just like Pakistanis, Algerians, Indians, and (gasp!) Americans.

2 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Does this mean if I go by train to any Hbf, I will be treated like a hero?

If you then move into a gym or container that needs to be guarded so they don't get set on fire by your peers, and are satisfied with minimal health care and pocket money well below welfare level?

On the other hand: Maybe the words 'I am a racist asshole' are written too clearly on your forehead for a warm welcome. Stupid run for you. 

3 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

On the other hand: Maybe the words 'I am a racist asshole' are written too clearly on your forehead for a warm welcome. Stupid run for you. 

Perhaps you are presuming something about Ren?

1 hour ago, theGman said:

There is no language requirement for EU citizens in Germany either.

There is a language requirement for non-EU citizens in Germany.

There is also a language requirement for non-EU citizens in UK.

I repeat. This is not Germany's fault.

But thanks for the update from the meeting though.

I'm not saying this is Germany's fault. I'm just highlighting the differences.

All EU citizens in UK who arrived before brexit only need to apply for settled status via the purpose-built app. Deal or no deal, they don't have to pay an application fee, and they don't have to meet a language requirement. EU newcomers to UK after brexit will not be allowed that privillege and won't be using that app.

11 minutes ago, schmemley said:

I'm not saying this is Germany's fault. I'm just highlighting the differences.

All EU citizens in UK who arrived before brexit only need to apply for settled status via the purpose-built app. Deal or no deal, they don't have to pay an application fee, and they don't have to meet a language requirement. EU newcomers to UK after brexit will not be allowed that privillege and won't be using that app.

Well, the EU did not set out to and then proceed to screw this particular pooch. Sometimes when you shit the bed, you just got lie in it.

2 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

If you then move into a gym or container that needs to be guarded so they don't get set on fire by your peers, and are satisfied with minimal health care and pocket money well below welfare level?

The ones I know are making a fairly good living of selling stuff down at the hbf.

If I told you how much they made you would be shocked.

10 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

The ones I know are making a fairly good living of selling stuff down at the hbf.

Your friends at the station speak better German than you do, don't they? Maybe your friends can teach you? Maybe you'll make it to the big time someday! Take your chance!

5 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

Your friends at the station speak better German than you do, don't they? Maybe your friends can teach you? Maybe you'll make it to the big time someday! Take your chance!

Oh no one of the locals (Swiss I see) yeah yeah, Ren got the gender on one of his nouns wrong again. Yeah Ren is using his patriarchal oppressive privilege again. Me too actually. What a hard day of oppression I've had, I'm knackered.

1 hour ago, schmemley said:

The UK only recently scrapped the fee, there were planning to charge!

The UK would have to remove 3 million EU citizens.  Germany only ~100,000 Brits.

It's much more difficult to get work in the UK if you don't speak English.  Only low paid jobs, and not many of them.  Where as in Europe the business language for international trade is English, and most international firms have english as their main language. So it is easier for high skilled people to get jobs.

15 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

No, you're just drunk, as usual.

Better drunk than Swiss. You people are a highly dishonest lot. You have the nerve to charge people not only for the cheeses you make, but the holes in them too. 

Image result for emmentaler

Robbery I tell you.

4 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Better drunk than Swiss.

RF should bring you some of the "stuff" his friends sell when he goes to his next German class. You can use it to speed up your intellectual and physical decay and protect your unhappy environment from the disgusting side effects.

And back to the topic:

1 hour ago, schmemley said:

All EU citizens in UK who arrived before brexit only need to apply for settled status via the purpose-built app. Deal or no deal, they don't have to pay an application fee, and they don't have to meet a language requirement.

Auswanderer already mentioned that on page 4: 

"How many Germans do you suppose live in the UK without B1-Level English? Just about everyone would finish school at that level or higher."