Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can I switch from a post-grad job-seeking permit to student visa?

1 post in this topic

I'm about to finish my Bachelor's degree in Biology at a German university and would like to do my Master's here, too, but at a different university. My student visa expires at the end of the semester, so I'm wondering what visa/permit I should get to allow me to stay in Germany until I enroll as a Master's student. The two options that make the most sense to me are the 18-month job-seeking permit and the 9-month applying-to-study permit.

I have already received a job offer from the university where I'm writing my thesis as a (part-time) research assistant that would start immediately. I know that I wouldn't be allowed to work with the applying-to-study permit, but would I be allowed to take this job with the job-seeking permit? Would I be allowed to switch over from the job-seeking permit to another student visa? Or could I even apply for a research visa and switch over from that?


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0