Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mini-jobs on freelance visa?

3 posts in this topic

Hello hello,

This has been talked about a bit, but not my exact situation (that I found). Would be happy with any help.

I'm a US citizen here on a freelance artist visa, registered only as a dancer. I understood this to mean that I can only work if my contract says 'Dancer' specifically. But I hear of other people invoicing as 'creative services' or something else vague. Is that still possible (however frowned upon)?

And if not, am I able to work a 'mini-job' in something completely unrelated, say, washing dishes? Meaning, are mini-job separate from the rules of my visa because they're not full time?

.Matthew 

6 hours ago, clashfn said:

H. But I hear of other people invoicing as 'creative services' or something else vague. Is that still possible (however frowned upon)?

Ask these people what their residence permits say and what they have registered with the tax office. 

6 hours ago, clashfn said:

And if not, am I able to work a 'mini-job' in something completely unrelated, say, washing dishes? Meaning, are mini-job separate from the rules of my visa because they're not full time?

Minijobs are employment, your visa does't allow employment, sorry.