Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to pass Goethe b1exam?

2 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, By March l will take Goethe b1 exam. I have a question.. Does any-one took Goethe b1 exam recently? How is the exam? What practice material or lnternet site would you recommend me? What topic do you write in schreiben? What exactly book or youtube videos should I read for the exam? Is there any secrets or mistake to advise someone that want to take the exam? All reply will be greatly appreciate. Thanks.

I suggest that you check out this post:  Lots of information in there about the B1 exam.

But in general;

Buy a B1 Prufung book for the Goethe exam.  That will explain EVERYTHING about the exam, the structure, timing, what to exact, how to answer, what not to do!  A good book will also include examples exams as well.

The Goethe website should also have at least 1 example exam to download for free.  It might also have others which are available for a small fee (I took TELC, so I don't know exactly although they are very similar).

Then look for "b1 prüfung" on YouTube.com.  Lots of information on there.  Where it is probably most helpful is the speaking examples/exams.  Because a book can't replicate exactly the level needed.

Some Youtube.com channels to check-out

"German with Jenny":  This was very useful for me when I done B1 level.  Look in playlists where there are loads for B1 level.

"Easy German":  This is rather different from the formal learning channels.  But helps with your listening skills and also provides useful information about German life and how Germans really talk.

"Deutsch mit Marija":  She is an actual test examiner.  So offers some useful insight

There are many more, just find what suits you.