What happens if the post branch loses a purchase shipping?

4 posts in this topic

I've been waiting for an item from an online store and the driver sent the shipment to the local post branch (inside a grocery store).

I had the tracking and noticed about it and went to the grocery store the next day to pick up the parcel. 

But the staff couldn't find anything with my name on it, and when I gave the tracking report they told me to contact DHL to investigate the matter.

Well, I sent DHL an inquiry regarding the lost shipment, but what if they don't find it? Then who has to pay for the item?

Well, I was supposed to pay the bill after I receive the item.

So, does the fact that the item has not been delivered to me (not been picked up by me) relieve me from paying the damage for the loss? 

Commercial dealer, private buyer? Then the dealer is liable.

When did it arrive according to the tracking and when did you ask in the store? I would try again the next 1 or 2 days, also try other DHL shops in the area and their phone line. Then contact the dealer.

47 minutes ago, sneaker said:

I would try again the next 1 or 2 days, also try other DHL shops in the area and their phone line. Then contact the dealer.

I'll do it, thank you! 

It makes no difference what type of person or business shipped the parcel.  If the attended recipient does not receive the parcel and DHL cannot locate it, it becomes a matter between the person who shipped it and DHL.  The shipper makes a claim direct to DHL, but the recipient need make the shipper aware. 

Still, wait a day or two.