Amazon prime video English language

11 posts in this topic

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out how to switch the language of the Amazon prime videos to English.

Even if I switch the "Amazon language" to English, the videos remain only in German.

How to change it?

Thank you

There's a little box that looks like a dialogue bubble in the top righthand corner of the screen that gives you language and subtitle options. I see it when I press pause (when watching a film).

Yes, this little box is there but it only ever gives me German language, no others

Gotcha!

What languages are available or not depends (no surprise) on what video you are looking at.

Still, Bohemian Rhapsody being right now available only in German is a big shock. 

4 minutes ago, Gambatte said:

Yes, this little box is there but it only ever gives me German language, no others

There are a fair few films and series with no English option but also plenty with OV

2 minutes ago, Gambatte said:

Gotcha!

What languages are available or not depends (no surprise) on what video you are looking at.

Still, Bohemian Rhapsody being right now available only in German is a big shock. 

That's because the film isn't available to stream, only the title: "Bohemian Rhapsody - Exklusives Featurette"Becoming Freddie"" which is only available in German:

https://www.amazon.de/Bohemian-Rhapsody-Exklusives-Featurette-Becoming/dp/B07JJH7VCQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1549729147&sr=1-1&keywords=Bohemian+Rhapsody

Just to add...most, if not all trailers are in German only even if other languages are available for the full film/series.  

I see.

This explains it. Still, the trailers available in fewer languages than the film I find it a bit odd.

In fact, from the trailer of Bohemian rhapsody you can spot that German was not the original language, it's been dubbed. 

2 hours ago, Gambatte said:

In fact, from the trailer of Bohemian rhapsody you can spot that German was not the original language, it's been dubbed.

Wow, that's clever I wonder if they do that with all the German films that were originally in English.

I noticed this as well. Some films/series are available in English, some are not. It normally says by the name of the film/series in brackets (dt/OV) OV being original version.

Then as others said above before the film starts click in the box with the dialog bubble. If you watch it on a Smart TV like we do just select the option "wiedergabesprache" before you start watching the film. This gives you the option to change the language.