Air Berlin and now Germania and now WOW

69 posts in this topic

On 6.2.2019, 07:48:48, dj_jay_smith said:

Not German, but there are also rumours that both Norwegian and Wow Air are also in financial trouble and need cash

Wow Air Just grounded their planes and Norwegian, well, they are still going - albeit their Shares have dropped like a rock the past year, from 178 NOK in April 2018 to 47.5 NOK now :). They also had to ground their Boeing Max aircraft so thats not going to help them much

1 hour ago, LeCheese said:

Wow Air Just grounded their planes and Norwegian, well, they are still going - albeit their Shares have dropped like a rock the past year, from 178 NOK in April 2018 to 47.5 NOK now :). They also had to ground their Boeing Max aircraft so thats not going to help them much

I was booked to fly with WOW at 11:20 this morning and they sent an email to me at 4:35 am to tell me it's cancelled and I could opt for a refund or take a later flight.  Not trusting that there would be a later flight I bought another ticket with easyJet. Later this morning they announced they are grounded and done for. They had been trying to refinance and were hopeful they could save it but no luck.

icelandair

Are you stranded with a WOW air ticket?

We are offering stranded WOW air passengers discounted Economy fares from selected destinations

Norwegian are offering 25% off to stranded WoW passengers ... not that i would recommend Norwegian

LeCheese and Catjones,

Thanks for the link.  I flew in to Berlin from Baltimore (BWI) on Wednesday, March 27 on WOW air.  My daughter just texted me and said WOW declared bankruptcy and cancelled all flights.  My return was April 3.  I just completed the information requested on Iceland Air website link.  I'm hoping to hear from them tomorrow or over the weekend.  That is pretty generous of them to offer flights at those prices.  I'm not complaining about being stranded in Berlin since I have a place to stay and the beer is good.  Thanks.

S.

Folks,

Just to follow up.  I contacted Iceland air this morning and they were able to book a flight from Berlin to Keflavik for $140.  They couldn't get me back to Baltimore but could get me to Washington Dulles.  That was fine with me.  The fight from Keflavik to Dulles was $230 for a total of $370.  They said flights were filling up and they could get me back on Thursday, April 4.   An extra day in Berlin is good for me. 

I checked Google flights and Kiwi.com but flights from Berlin to Baltimore/Washington were $600+.  

Thanks.

S.